PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Marcantel dropped by the shop today

Bill Wyko
01-11-2012, 6:55 PM
And he happened to have some beautiful woods for me. A great Oak burl along with some Eucalyptus, Mesquite and Paloverde. These pieces will be perfect to try my Glaser screw chuck on. Thanks Jerry!!! If you ever need anything, let me know. I'll get a picture soon. Trying to get a vehicle ready for the Barrett Jackson Auction next week so it might be a few days.

Jerry Marcantel
01-12-2012, 7:50 AM
And he happened to have some beautiful woods for me. A great Oak burl along with some Eucalyptus, Mesquite and Paloverde. These pieces will be perfect to try my Glaser screw chuck on. Thanks Jerry!!.

Shucks Bill, 'twas nuttin'.. I have so much wood, my place is becoming a fire hazard.....You don't know this, but I kept all the good stuff..... Haven't I given you a chuck plate??? If I did, try it at least once, and you'll probably throw that Glaser screw chuck thing away.......ha....
That Palo Verde warps pretty good if you turn it thin. Try a peice of it..... Jerry (in Tucson)

Bill Wyko
01-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Jerry, you're gonna have to try some Glaser tools, you'll never go back to the old ways of doing things. Trust me on this one. I'm going to try the Eucalyptus probably this weekend. Thanks again my friend.

Bill Wyko
01-12-2012, 2:06 PM
Uhoh!! Jerry's on the way and he's bringing a chain saw for the Eucalyptus I have out back.:eek::D