PDA

View Full Version : LaserBlak laserable aluminum

Sandy Henry
01-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Anybody have advise on settings for lasering LazerBlak aluminum? Settings used for typical black alum & black brass will remove the surface copper color & the black layer, revealing mirrored alum. (looks nice but not much contrast). Increase speed & decrease power reveals some black but leaves a lot of the copper - 2nd pass reveals some mirrored alum, some black & still some copper remains! I think this stuff would look very nice if I could get a clean black raster engraving. Thanks for any suggestions. Sandy

Dan Hintz
01-11-2012, 1:08 PM
Have you considered taking it out of focus a notch or two? You may not get extremely crisp engravings, but they may be more consistent.

Martin Boekers
01-11-2012, 1:42 PM
You need to add your equipment and software to your sig block so we know what power and manufacturer you have.

Sandy Henry
01-11-2012, 2:11 PM
I really need to etch some really tiny text - out of focus won't work for that, but I'll try it on larger art just to see if I can get a clean black finish. Thanks!

Sandy Henry
01-11-2012, 2:14 PM
Thats weird, I thought my info was on there! I'll try to fix that. Intended to add my new Universal, which I will be setting up tomorrow!
Thanks! (Epilog Legend 36 60 watt)

Mike Null
01-12-2012, 7:15 AM
Sandy

Your settings are critical in achieving good results. Do not overpower or use a high dpi.