PDA

View Full Version : All my plans for new woodworking tools will have to wait....

Duane Bledsoe
01-11-2012, 4:58 AM
Bought this instead.........I'm not complaining either! :D It's a 2006 Dodge Ram, quad cab, 4x4, with the 5.7 L Hemi V-8. Got a heck of a deal on it. It has 58,000 miles on it but it's like new, was a one owner, and seems to have been garage kept its entire life. I paid well below book value, and also got more for my trade in than I owed on it too, so it came out well all the way around. We wouldn't have been able to afford this though if we hadn't have found it at such a good price, so in spite of all the good deals we got we still feel that we bought a truck that was above our means. This thing is powerful feeling for sure. It eats my Chevy's 350 sitting beside it there. Makes me think the old work truck is in need of a good tune up.

Joe Angrisani
01-11-2012, 10:30 AM
.....so in spite of all the good deals we got we still feel that we bought a truck that was above our means.....

Ah, the American way.....

glenn bradley
01-11-2012, 1:58 PM
Your priorities are obviously horribly skewed. I have a paid-off Honda Civic and a lot of nice tools :D:D:D

Van Huskey
01-11-2012, 2:12 PM
I don't think one would be incorrect if they called a pickup a woodworking tool. You just bought a nice woodworking tool!

Congrats.

Jay Rasmussen
01-11-2012, 9:53 PM
Your priorities are obviously horribly skewed. I have a paid-off Honda Civic and a lot of nice tools :D:D:D

Ditto, mines an F150.

Vehicles come and go but good tools are like good friends, they last a lifetime.

Bruce Page
01-12-2012, 12:13 AM
Congrats! I have a '95 Ram that is still going strong.

curtis rosche
01-12-2012, 11:25 PM
not a cummins turbo :(
still works as a small wood hauler though :D

Duane Bledsoe
01-14-2012, 8:00 PM
No way did I want a diesel. Can't stand the chattering they do. I'm happy with my Hemi.

Wil Limanen
01-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Nice truck! I had an 04 with the hemi and really liked it. But we decided to get a 5th wheel camper and had to get rid of it. Now I have an 05 with the cummins.
I can't hardly believe the power it has. It would leave my old truck in the dust I think. But it's got a much stiffer ride than the other truck. Also I like the 24mpg highway driving compared to the 18 I was getting.

curtis rosche
01-15-2012, 9:24 AM
never heard anyone complain about a cummins. only those who have never had one