PDA

View Full Version : WOO Hoo just sold 4 turnings.

Bill Wyko
01-10-2012, 8:51 PM
One of my regular customers just came in to give me a deposit on a sound system. He saw a few of my turnings and bought just about everything I had here. You know what that means, more tools!!!!:D

John Keeton
01-10-2012, 9:05 PM
Bill, to be honest, I am not sure that you don't already own every tool made!!!! Congrats on the sale!

David E Keller
01-10-2012, 9:31 PM
Congrats on the sale, Bill! What's Paulo got that you don't already own?

Jim Burr
01-10-2012, 9:33 PM
A lathe in every location!? Oh well...gratz dude!! You are a segment Yoda!

Justin Stephen
01-10-2012, 9:34 PM
Maybe one of those Oneway seated lathes for the master bath?

charlie knighton
01-10-2012, 9:34 PM
congratulations on sales, you have all the tools and John/friends has all the burls. the rest of us must sneak around trying to beat you guys out

Bill Wyko
01-10-2012, 9:36 PM
Thanks John. I still don't have an American Beauty or even a 3520B. I did order the screw chuck from Glaser today though. I was finally hooked when I saw Harvey's review. That was before the sale but it sure helped to move these pieces. First he wanted one, then 2 then 3 and next thing you know, he bought everything I had at work except the the spiral finial one. He did say that he'll probably buy that one soon too. That makes up for the slow beginning to the year.
I guess I am kind of a tool nut. I do use them though. I have a great friend that has about a 1300sq ft shop full of tools and he never uses them any more, says he's burned out. I told him just start turning, you'll fall in and get those tools dirty again.
Well, I'm going to go out to the shop and get to work on the next projects. Thanks again.

Dan Forman
01-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Congrat's on the sale, there are worse things to spend money on than fine tools.

Dan

Bernie Weishapl
01-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Congrats Bill. It is always good to get sales.

David Starks
01-10-2012, 10:09 PM
How do you put a price on your work? I know w/ pens you can incorporate the cost of the blank and kit, then with other stuff the out lay in cost if you buy a blank or burl, but what is one's time worth?

Baxter Smith
01-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Congrats Bill! I can see why your turnings can pay for more than a couple of Glasers!

Tim Rinehart
01-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Congrats! That's awesome. Can't wait to hear what you buy next!

Pete Jordan
01-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Way to go Bill!

I am sure a Beauty or Mustard is in your future.

Bob Bergstrom
01-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Nothing better than deciding how to spend "turning money". Sometimes you even have to add a little pocket money to it to get some really nice things.

Brian McInturff
01-10-2012, 10:53 PM
I told Paulo to go ahead and ship me a Screw chuck today too. I'm going to do a similar review(like yours) on the 11 piece MiniGlaser as soon as I get some time to write it up. Hopefully this weekend. I just wished I could buy time. Never enough time to play with the toys. Congrats on the sale. Sounds like he will be back for more! Of course, who wouldn't want to own some of your items though!

Bill Wyko
01-11-2012, 1:35 PM
Thanks everyone. As far as pricing my pieces goes, I set them at about $2.00 per segment. I gave him a little discount for the quantity purchase though.

Congratulations on your new tools too. I know you'll love em. I built a rack on the wall in front of my lathe for the Mini's. Makes them so easy to use. They're so much fun.

Guys, I don't normally go so tool crazy but things just fell in place. I did some trading for the 2nd lathe and sold quite a few pieces over the last month including 2 humidors. My woodworking money is my mad money and I just got lucky. Thanks again.

Ed Morgano
01-11-2012, 11:41 PM
As usual, I'm late but I want to add my congratulations to the list. Well deserved Bill!

Bill Wyko
01-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Between the sale of Monsoon and these pieces, it's a real motivator to start building my next big project. Last night I spent the whole evening making various thicknesses of pieces to be glued up to make patterns like the snow flake I posted. I even took pictures to begin a step by step of the build. I'm attempting to build a piece that will pay for the new lathe so I have my work cut out for me. As far as pricing my work goes, I try to get $2.00 bucks per segment but I entertain all offers of course.

Ken Glass
01-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Bill,
I know you are excited, but I'm not surprised in the least. your turning skills show on every piece you do and your eye for Segmentation is wonderful. congratulations on the sales, it is great to get validation for your hard work. A Very Well Done!!

Bill Wyko
01-12-2012, 2:05 PM
Thanks Ken. You know, I started turning at the same time I joined SMC. The members here have been an incredible inspiration over the years. I also started building humidors here too. The day I joined I was welcome with open arms and that has never changed. The onl thing that has changes is, the turners forum has gone from small group of members like Steve, John and a few others, to the vast membership we have today. One hing stays the same though, respect. The members here are among the most respectful you'll find on the internet. Makes it real easy to learn from each other. So, I send a big thanks to all of you.!!

John Beaver
01-12-2012, 2:18 PM
Congrats on the sale Bill.
Since we're all so sharing around here, do you want to share my address with your friend.... LOL.