PDA

View Full Version : I pulled the trigger

Dahl Troy Perry
01-10-2012, 8:47 PM
I ordered a GO733 lathe today they said it would ship Feb. 10 . Was hoping it would be in stock in Springfeild. Since I'm taking the wife to Branson this Fri. thought I'd pick it up:( But I will still pick up the new table saw the GO651 and as much other stuff I can get in my new wood hauler that the wife let me buy she said I need to get one before I retired. Don't you love a wife that tells you to buy yourself toys? Anyone know what size tool post this lathe takes 5/8----3/4 ????

Ron Crosby
01-10-2012, 9:21 PM
Ok, but why did you post a pic of a truck? :confused:

Jim Burr
01-10-2012, 9:31 PM
Dunno...I'll be in the market next year...double cab huh? I like it!

Roger Chandler
01-10-2012, 9:56 PM
If it is like the G0698, and I believe it is............it will have a 1" tool post ..............just be aware of this......on the early G0698 models they used a metric size drill to make the hole in the banjo for the tool rest post........I simply took a 1" bit and ran it down the hole to make sure an aftermarket rest fit. The only rest I ever had an issue with was a curved rest I got from CS-USA which had a post advertised for 1" but was actually over size by about .0005.........My Robust rests and round stock rests did fine.

Hope that helps! By the way.....congrats on a very nice lathe...........I think it is most comparable as a larger version of the Jet 1642 evs.........the toolrest and some other parts are identical.

Bernie Weishapl
01-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Congrats on the lathe and wood hauler. I think the post is 1". I got a new wood hauler with crew cab when I retired and love it.