PDA

View Full Version : wifes comical reply

anthony wall
01-09-2012, 8:09 PM
me and a neighbour were cutting down the forest that had grown up on a neighbouring plot yesterday when he snagged on a thorn bush which cut his leg not too bad may i add but reminded me of the time i cut my leg .i was in the roofspace of a house that i was working on insulating pipework with the thick foam insulation,kneeling on the joists and cutting the insulation lengthways with a carpet knife i slipped and drew the knife along my leg cutting through my overall ,jeans and leg .off to hospital to get my leg sewn up only4 stiches but very painful. took a taxi home where the wife spotted me hobbling up the drive and rushed out to help, saw the blood stain on my jeans and said oh my god what happened so i explained all that had happened and as an afterthought i said it could have been much worse you know the knife was not very sharp she replied too right it could they could have been your new jeans!!!!!!

ray hampton
01-09-2012, 8:19 PM
I hope that your neighbor cut leg do not get infected

curtis rosche
01-09-2012, 11:12 PM
i had that happen once, i was working on a school project and i closed a pocket knife on my knuckles, bled pretty good. so i went inside with a hand covered in blood and my moms reply was "why did you come inside?! you couldve gotten blood on the carpet!!!"

anthony wall
01-10-2012, 7:25 AM
ladies hey ,after the initial shock not a lot of sympathy

anthony wall
01-10-2012, 7:37 AM
dont think so ray as he cleaned it up well and used antiseptic cream,we were quite worried about the snakes and centipedes about a foot long and as thick as a broom handle with a poisonous bite i spotted one in my workshop when we were flooded but not seen it since ,hope it's not lurking under something waiting for me to drop my guard.

Ole Anderson
01-10-2012, 9:41 AM
The attic thing reminds me of my wife's story: When she was about 10 she was climbing in the attic of her new house which was under construction and she stepped on the ceiling drywall, fell through, and never told her dad, but I think her mom fixed up the skinned shins. Sounds like something I would do...

Then there was the time my son almost cut off his thumb on my miter saw when he was 16 and bled like a stuck pig all the way across the basement and up the stairs. I wasn't home so his mom had to take him to the hospital where a hand surgeon repaired the damage. Fortunately, in the Detroit area hand surgeons aren't hard to find given all of the hand injuries they see in the local auto supplier shops.