PDA

View Full Version : Trying To Cut Magnet Sheets

Braden Todd
01-09-2012, 3:03 PM
I just got some samples in from allmagnetics.com and I was wondering if anyone has cut their products before, and how well it worked. I received sheets that are .030", with and without the adhesive.

If anyone could give some advice on cutting magnets (speed, freq., best thickness, do's and don'ts) it'd be greatly appreciated, I have an epilog Helix with 40 watts.

Thanks!

Joe Pelonio
01-09-2012, 8:34 PM
If it's natural color (dark gray/brownish) it's safe to cut but leaves a rough edge. Works best if you cut fast and not all the way through and break it the rest of the way. If it's colored on one side the color is normally sheet vinyl and not good for you or the laser to be cutting as it contains PVC.

Liesl Dexheimer
01-10-2012, 8:58 AM
I used Rowmark's Laser Mags to cut out magnetic signs for my car, that stuff is extremely messy to cut. As I recall I made a few passes. I honesty haven't used any more of it since...

Braden Todd
01-10-2012, 5:04 PM
Thank you for the replies. The magnet is just the dark color with no vinyl applied, in the end they will be applied to cut out wood pieces to make magnets.

Thanks again!