PDA

View Full Version : Screws to fasten rotary fixture mercury II

Niklas Bjornestal
01-09-2012, 4:02 AM
I seems to have put the screws to my rotary fixture somewhere where i cant find them, so i wounder if someone can be nice enough to measure them (prefereble with a photo) so that i can find some exchagable screws. If someone know what thread it is would be helpful to.

Sincerelly
Niklas

Jim Reinhard
01-09-2012, 9:10 PM
Hi.I dont have a bolt guage to check .If I drive past a hd I will check tomorow they have them in the hardware dept ,but using my caliper I think it is a m6 x1.0 x 20 metric cap head bolt

Chuck Stone
01-10-2012, 8:31 AM
I never got any, and I probably wouldn't use them if I had them. If something goes wonky,
I wouldn't want that head crashing into a rotary attachment that won't move! at least
if it isn't bolted down, the head will push it out of the way.
Then again .. I almost never use the rotary in it's 'correct' position anyway. I move it
around according to what I'm engraving.. most of the time it sits up under the left
rail, on top of the ruler (no cover on it)

But I have plenty of screws I can try and I'll see if I can find out

Jim Reinhard
01-10-2012, 7:47 PM
Checked today m6x1.0x20 I bought some exra in case I lose them.I always tighten my rotary down now.I have run jobs and bumped it while changing pieces and ruined them before .When the rotary is pluged in on my machine I have not way to move the y axis .I can slide the rotary left and right but there is no need thats what the offset setting is for.

Chuck Stone
01-10-2012, 8:37 PM
I can slide the rotary left and right but there is no need thats what the offset setting is for.

.. except for engraving those things that are juuuuust a few inches longer than the rotary.. and
you disassemble it and stick parts down with duct tape and a prayer.. :p