PDA

View Full Version : Ever heard of a "Cav" bandsaw?

Chris Schoolland
01-08-2012, 8:59 AM
A guy has one for sale near me. I've never heard of one, searches at SMC and Google turn up nothing. Sorry, don't see how to attach photos from the iPad. It looks like a 14" in the photo I copied from his listing on CL. Green. Sound familiar?

Van Huskey
01-08-2012, 2:28 PM
A guy has one for sale near me. I've never heard of one, searches at SMC and Google turn up nothing. Sorry, don't see how to attach photos from the iPad. It looks like a 14" in the photo I copied from his listing on CL. Green. Sound familiar?

I seem to have come across one at some point. The one I remember was dark green and a pretty generic, but slightly older copy of a Delta 14" cast saw. Nothing jumped out at me to distinguish it from all the other "clones" except the one I saw could not take a riser block, or I should say couldn't take the standard riser block. When I saw it I gave it a cursory look over but nothing in depth, I assumed at the time it was an Asian OEM factory import and I still assume that today.

The Delta copies are plentiful and cheap, when they work well I figure older Asian clones to be $150 saws. Not much reason to pay more since you could have a HF, Rigid or PC with a warranty for 3-4 bills and a Grizzly delivered for 5. You may want to check on the riser issue, if it is going to be a second saw it may be a non-issue, if not it may be important to you.

Chris Schoolland
01-08-2012, 9:07 PM
I kind of figured, thanks for the reply. I already have the Rockwell 14 with riser, am looking for a saw for my brother. Guess I'll keep looking!