PDA

View Full Version : Paint Code

Chris Parks
01-07-2012, 11:12 PM
Does anyone know the paint code for the Jet machinery white? I am not in the US so don't want to ring them unless I have to. I want to put an inlet vent in my bandsaw door so the dust actually gets extracted instead of collecting in the cabinet and paint it when I am finished.

Todd Burch
01-08-2012, 3:28 PM
I bet an email to Jet would get you an answer pretty quick.

Jim O'Dell
01-08-2012, 5:35 PM
If you have an automotive paint supplier close, they might be able to look it up in a data base. You could check with a body shop also. If not, they should be able to computer match and mix some for you. Preval makes a little disposable sprayer that basically lets you mimic rattle can spraying with this type of paint. I'd use the old enamel type paint instead of the newer base coat/clear coat to get the closest match. Jim.

Dave Lehnert
01-08-2012, 6:44 PM
Do you have Rust-oloum brand paint in your country? The Canvas color is a close match.

Mike Heidrick
01-08-2012, 6:49 PM
Krylon Glossy Ivory is what I used. (I thinkit was called that)

Bruce Wrenn
01-08-2012, 9:00 PM
I would not cut a hole in the door. I use a tee just under the table, with one end blocked off. It was a "TopTip" in Wood about a year ago. Requires no cutting of saw. Secret is Rockler's blast gate mounting brackets.

Chris Parks
01-08-2012, 9:16 PM
I would not cut a hole in the door. I use a tee just under the table, with one end blocked off. It was a "TopTip" in Wood about a year ago. Requires no cutting of saw. Secret is Rockler's blast gate mounting brackets.

I did an experiment, I started the DE with the door closed and could not open it which shows that there is not enough air getting into the cabinet and the DE cannot work with no air flow and the cabinet fills with saw dust. Then I wedged the door open and ran the DE and it collected all the dust with none falling into the cabinet. Whoever it was at JET who thought it was a good idea to put a rubber seal around the door and no air entry vent into the cabinet has got no idea how DE works. I suspect most BS's suffer the same issue, in fact I am sure of it judging by the external additions to saws which I have seen on this forum.

Bruce Wrenn
01-09-2012, 11:01 PM
I think the paint color is Thief White. Jet swiped the idea from Delta (Great White Series), and then had the balls to sue Grizzly to prevent them from importing white machines. Of course Jet lost litigation, but it took Grizzly a couple years (lost market share) and some bucks to fight Jet.

Chris Parks
01-09-2012, 11:09 PM
I have found the code for anyone who is interested, it is DUPONT 95922. Thanks to all who responded.