PDA

View Full Version : Blum Showroom near Philly

Jim German
01-07-2012, 3:31 PM
I'm trying to decide what hinges and draw slides to use on some cabinets I'm getting ready to build and was wondering if anyone knew of a place in the Philly/SJ area where they have all the various types of hinges, lifts and slides so you can compare them?

David Werkheiser
01-08-2012, 9:31 AM
Try C.H. Briggs in Reading, Pa. or Fesden Hall in Elizebethtown, Pa (west of Lancaster, just off of Rt. 30). Briggs has a large showroom.
David Werkheiser

frank shic
01-08-2012, 10:37 AM
if you don't mind spending a little more, the blum tandem gives the smoothest action. you can usually find them on display at any home depot's. the blum undercount SOLO slides are cheaper. i hate epoxy slides personally and will be using tandem box for all my bathroom vanities and kitchen cabinets.

Robert Chapman
01-09-2012, 8:55 PM
I agree with Frank. The Tandems are smooth, self closing, soft closing if you want, easy to install and adjustable after you install. What they are not is cheap - you get what you pay for in this case.

Jeff Monson
01-09-2012, 9:24 PM
Another vote for tandems with soft close, I have not found a nicer slide. I also really like the new clip tops with soft close for cabinet hinges, you can switch the soft close on or off, with the flip of a tiny switch. I dont skimp on cabinet hardware and its always blum products. They can be confusing, a knowlegable salesperson helps, blum also has some spreadsheet programs you can download off their site, you input cabinet design and it helps choose the right hinge, or slide.

Jim German
01-10-2012, 8:40 AM
David,
I was looking at the CH Briggs website and they seem to have a few locations that are closer to me (Reading is a bit far) any idea if the other locations also have decent showrooms?

In addition to the drawer slides, I was also trying to decide if I wanted to use their Aventos HF Lift system, which seems ridiculously expensive at ~$200 a piece.

David Werkheiser
01-10-2012, 9:27 AM
Jim, as far as showrooms go, I don't know. As others have said, you can't go wrong with Blum. I have used them for 15 yrs and have not had one call back on their hardware. If you buy in case lots (6 drw sets) you should be able to get them for $19-20 a set. I have yet to use the Aventos, you might want to look at Grass or Salice (spelling?)
David