PDA

View Full Version : Business Going Mobile...

Tim Bateson
01-07-2012, 10:41 AM
I'm taking my business mobile... as in converting my webpages to smart phone capable. As some of you know, I got a bit over loaded & burnt out last year (growing pains), so I limited my business to just a few select clients. Now my batteries are recharged and I'm ready to hit it hard again.

One of the approaches that I decided was necessary was to make my web site easily viewable on smart phones. The web has been unbelievably valuable to my business and now it seems the growing trend is to use smart phones rather than a computer. My son is currently between programming jobs & agreed to do the work. I have a lot of modifications & enhancements ahead, but I hope this will lead to more business. I won't go into all of the business enhancements I'm making to revamp business. It suffices to say, I'm attempting to leverage various current trends and technologies.

Joe Pelonio
01-07-2012, 2:06 PM
I can get all websites on my Android, but a mobile application is definitely easier to use when available. Since I got it I find that I use the phone for surfing goods and services only when sitting on the bus to work, or to compare prices while at a brick & mortar store. Most of the time I still use the little notebook with the home wifi as I am doing now. It seems to me that the trend to use the phone more than computer is more for the younger kids that are addicted to text messaging, so I'm anxious to see how this works out for you in additional business. I'd predict more custom engraving of electronics but good production jobs still coming from the regular website. Keep us posted.