PDA

View Full Version : Question about engraving

Bruce Dorworth
01-06-2012, 11:39 PM
Ok, While looking at info on the Tortec laser, I ran across these samples. On this particular file there is a lot lines that I would like to cut, but not all the way through. I guess they must be polylines, because the laser moves like it is cutting these lines but the laser does not turn on.

How do you attach a cdr file to these posts?

Bruce

http://www.troteclaser.com/en-US/samples/Wood_files/Samples/Pages/Jumping_Kids.aspx

Mark Sipes
01-07-2012, 1:35 AM
the TROTEC cuts and rasters based on the color of the line. To vector cut the line must be set to ,0005 ( at least that is what I use) and set to a color in the materials tool box that will cut . The same line set to .005 will be visible and raster engrave if set to say black which is an engraving color.....tools, power settings and speed can be set for at least 15 different RGB colors.

Not sure if this answers your question though.

Bruce Dorworth
01-07-2012, 1:56 AM
Did I mention that I am a newbie? The things that you mention sound like greek to me.

Bruce

Mark Sipes
01-07-2012, 1:54 PM
To upload a file you must go to Reply - Go Advaced - Attachment Management and Upload (Add)

Looks like the software you are running through your computer is Unique and Dongle protected via a PCI card..?

Not even the Chinese Laser Support Forums have been able to assist in your quest I see. I would be on the phone with SUNIC every day to learn how to use Their machine. Support ..Support.. Support that should have been the First item that this fourn should have driven home to you when you asked the question initially. Or at least a few members of who had Cn made machines who had quality output with a common design software.. Ai or Coreldraw.

Sorry I can't help.... Very frustrating trying to learn a system by trial and error......

Ross Moshinsky
01-07-2012, 6:29 PM
If you want to vector engrave vs vector cut, you follow the exact same procedure as you would for cutting. The only difference is you dial the power back or increase the speed or both.

Having an Epilog or a Chinese laser will not really make any of this any more simple or complicated. It comes down to understanding the procedure and building files that allow you to accomplish what you need.

Bruce Dorworth
01-07-2012, 7:07 PM
Ross, that is what I thought as well. I downloaded the file. Well. the shape cutouts(Turquoise) and the holes(Navy Blue) cut fine at speed of 25 and a power of 100. The Black portions I engraved at speed of 300 and a power of 40. Then the Red I tried to cut at speed of 300 and a power of 40.

When the laser starts to cut the red portion the laser moves like it is suppose to, but the laser does not fire.

Like you said I don't think this is because it is a Chinese laser vs American. Now maybe the tech support is an issue beings it is a Chineese laser, but then again I thought that is what this forum was for.

Maybe someone with some other type of laser can try and cut this file and see how they do.

Chinese tech support will be available tomorrow night I will let every know what I find out then.

Bruce

Bruce Dorworth
01-08-2012, 12:28 AM
Thanks everyone but I figured it out on my own. I guess you can engrave/raster cut at a speed of 300, but you can not cut/vector cut at a speed of 300. I slowed it down to a speed of 60 and a power of 50 and it worked fine.

Bruce

saikat saha
09-24-2014, 10:21 AM
Hi Bruce,
I will be purchasing the SCU 1290 from Sunic laser(Argus). Its a 100w CO2 laser. I am a newbie and this will be my first time using a laser engraver. Have you had any issues with your SCU 1290? Is the learning curve on the software steep ? How is the after sales support from the company? any recommendations and tips will be helpful.

Saikat