PDA

View Full Version : Green Gloat

Dave Malen
03-13-2005, 9:17 PM
Ordered this bad boy from Bob Marino last Sunday and it showed up last Tues. I can't believe how refined this tool is. The plunge action is really smooth , the dust collection is superior, and the handles are ergonomic. I really like how the copy ring, and dust collection accessories click in. Very easy to use. My only complaint is that the depth scale is metric. A minor annoyance considering all the pluses. If the pictures don't post - my apologies.

Dave

Paul B. Cresti
03-13-2005, 9:59 PM
Dave,
Yeah Bob sold me on the 1400 at our little get together too. I just ordered one too. I am actually in the process of selling all my Bosch stuff and converting everything over to Festool. The nice thing about the 1400 is it takes the place of two routers: a D-handle/fixed and plunge.

Dave Malen
03-13-2005, 10:16 PM
Paul,
I had success selling my former router equipment-dewalt and pc on ebay.
You will not be sorry you bought this router. In this case you truly get what you pay for.

Dave

Jim Becker
03-13-2005, 10:18 PM
Ditto....love it. But you knew that... ;) :D

Frank Pellow
03-13-2005, 10:30 PM
Congratulations on a wise purchase.

I have one of these sitting at a friends house in Utah where I will pick it up next month. After all the good things that I have heard about the Festool 1400 router, I am anxious to get my hands on mine.

For me, one of the big advantages of this router is that the measurments are in metric. :D