View Full Version : Attn: Mike Cruz... New turning/land clearing tool you need!

Rick Markham
01-06-2012, 9:26 PM
Mike, I figured this might help you more efficiently clear your property, and give you extra time to turn... and it should help provide plenty of turning materials :p:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu7eMuKZFDI

I hope it at least made ya smile buddy ;) I haven't teased ya in awhile!

Peter Blair
01-06-2012, 9:36 PM
Pretty good Rick but I think I may need a smaller lathe . . . .

Rick Markham
01-06-2012, 9:40 PM
I bet that guy ran out of bamboo in his yard pretty quick LOL. I saw this video, and it made me think of Mike, and the rest of the gang. I figured, it could get the job done, and give Tony and the other guys' backs a rest!

I also have been very busy lately and figured I'd like to make a few of you smile! ;)

David E Keller
01-06-2012, 10:03 PM
I want one of those... I don't know why, but I still want one.

Rick Markham
01-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Me too... I can't think of too many turners who don't want more toys :)

Brian Effinger
01-06-2012, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE=Rick Markham;1845717]Mike, I figured this might help you more efficiently clear your property[QUOTE]

One bamboo stalk at a time! :D Actually, Mike, I think you should seriously consider this for two reasons - first (like the good Dr. was alluding to) is the cool factor. Second - it automatically cuts finial blanks for you too. How cool is that? :p

BTW, did you see some of the stuff that was recommended after the video. Like the "claw"
218831 that will load up the finial blanks on to your very own tractor trailer. :D

Rick Markham
01-06-2012, 11:05 PM
[QUOTE=Rick Markham;1845717]Mike, I figured this might help you more efficiently clear your property[QUOTE]

One bamboo stalk at a time! :D Actually, Mike, I think you should seriously consider this for two reasons - first (like the good Dr. was alluding to) is the cool factor. Second - it automatically cuts finial blanks for you too. How cool is that? :p

BTW, did you see some of the stuff that was recommended after the video. Like the "claw"
218831 that will load up the finial blanks on to your very own tractor trailer. :D

"THE CLAW!!!" Is seriously a must have!

Bernie Weishapl
01-06-2012, 11:22 PM
I want one:D but don't need one.lol

curtis rosche
01-07-2012, 2:50 AM
just make sure the toy doesnt mistake a leg for a larger tree :rolleyes:

Rick Markham
01-07-2012, 3:51 AM
Watch out for the rest of you, when the Mrs. comes home and see's the deforestation of her flowerbeds all neatly stacked in cords LOL

Primvs Aebvtivs
01-07-2012, 8:04 AM
LOL - literally! I re-posted this on Facebook... For "the borrowers" and big boy techno geeks, a definite must have! Now, where can I get one...

Steve Schlumpf
01-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Pretty cool! Now all he needs is a radio controlled logging truck to haul everything to the other side of the yard!! Yup - gonna save a lot of time!!

Roger Chandler
01-07-2012, 2:52 PM
I want one of these..........but full size...:eek:....real logging deal............only I don't have a place to use it! :( Oh, well......one can always dream can't he? ;)

Mike Cruz
01-07-2012, 5:01 PM
Rick, don't know how I missed this thread. You are too funny. And yeah, I WANT one of these...but in 50 times the scale of the toy! You are too much...

Van Huskey
01-09-2012, 1:50 AM
The funny thing is most models move significantly faster than the 1:1 versions, in this case the 1:1 version makes that one look slow, I am not just talking about the cutting of the tree, I get hooking up would be a little slower but the delimbing and cutting is STUPID fast on the real ones, one of the most scary machines I have ever seen when I wasn't wearing camo.

Rick Markham
01-09-2012, 4:55 AM
Mike you must have been too busy playing with your chain saw!

Van, I would agree with you! I've only seen them on documentaries and they are scary fast and efficient, talk about a machine with a large radius "danger zone"