PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw Reccommendaions

Jerry Bittner
03-13-2005, 9:11 PM
I have a Delta 14" bandsaw with open stand but would like to upgrade to something with the capacity for resawing. Would like to get a height capacity of 10 to 12".

Have looked at the Jet (model JWBS-18) and The Riken (model 10-340). Would like to keep the price below a $1000.

Any recommendaitons?

Gary Sutherland
03-13-2005, 9:57 PM
Not suggesting that you need to spend more than your stated budget to get a good saw for your needs, but Grizzly has a 20" in their Outlet Store right now for $1195 that looks like a GREAT deal. Take a look if you're interested.

Maybe someone here has personal experience with the saw and will comment on it in case anyone's looking for a saw like this.

gary

Mike Cutler
03-14-2005, 4:58 AM
Jerry. I recently purchased a Rikon 10-340. I posted 2 reviews on it if you would like some info. The Jet is a nice bandsaw also. I chose the Rikon because it had an additional 1 1/2" of resaw height. I believe that Jet has changed that model to have more resaw capacity.
Like you, I have a 14" bandsaw that I'll be keeping for "smaller" jobs, and to avoid blade changes.
I have a Lennox Tri Master blade on my Rikon and it performs very well. Per Swenson recently posted the resawing results of his Jet 18" using an Timberwolf. Looks like he got great results with that combination also.
Have fun deciding, and try not to go too nutso.