PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Rotary Attachment Problems for Pinnacle ZX Series

Kimberly Connor
01-06-2012, 7:03 PM
We have the rotary attachment for the Pinnacle ZX Series laser and have only used it a time or two because we were never able to be trained by SignWarehouse. I have a major job that I can do IF I can get the rotary working. My issue is that when I attach the rotary and turn the machine on and start following the directions in the manual the starting point for "X" is a negative number. This doesn't make any sense according to the directions in the manual. When I try to set my area in Corel I can't go negative! Has anyone had an issue with this or know a solution?

I can use all the help I can get.

Thank you!!!!!!

Gary Hair
01-06-2012, 8:02 PM
Not sure exactly what you are talking about but I have used my rotary attachment lots. Here is how I do it.

1. Start a new drawing, draw an object - doesn't matter what or where, just something to allow you to print.
2. Print
3. Select your laser
4. Click on Preferences
5. Click on Paper and check the box "Rotary"
6. Change measurement to imperial
7. Change "Diameter" to the diameter of your object then press the "Tab" key
8. Change the "X" to the approximate length of your object then press the "Tab" key
9. Click on "Ok"
10. Click on "Apply"
11. Click on "Cancel"
12. Click on "Layout"
13. Click on "Page Setup"
14. If you have X5 click on the icon next to the "Page Size" dropdown, that will bring the page size into Corel. If you have something prior to X5 there should be something similar but I don't remember exactly what it is.
15. Click on OK

Now your page will resize to the dimensions from the laser. The top and bottom of the page actually meet when the rotary device is at its home position, they are the top of the device. The left and right of the page represent the left and right side of the object in the rotary device.

Hopefully this makes sense, if not send me an email and I'll reply with my phone number, I'd be happy to walk you through it over the phone.

Gary

Jim Reinhard
01-06-2012, 9:45 PM
Hi.Not sure abut your rotary ,But with the laser pro you have to also set the offset.That is the distance from home position to the top (closest side to the piece )

Kimberly Connor
01-07-2012, 5:33 PM
I finally got it working. I had to basically lie to the laser to get it to line up correctly but at least it is working. Thanks for your help!