PDA

View Full Version : Wood from Kathy Marshall - Gloat!

Roger Chandler
01-06-2012, 2:54 PM
The mail lady beeped her horn [she looks as if she is expecting, and was at the back of her mail truck, so I went outside] ............

She said this is heavy............I said......"it must be from Arizona"........she said......"how did you know?" I just smiled........

Kathy Marshall sent me a PM last week and told me this would be on the way........wow, wood I would likely never had a chance at, except for her kindness...........Thank You Kathy!!!

Mesquite, acacia, sissoo, African sumac, .........now the fun begins!!!

Allan Ferguson
01-06-2012, 3:16 PM
Great haul there. Let us know how the different woods turn for you.

Tim Rinehart
01-06-2012, 4:09 PM
Roger,
Trust me that I know the feeling! Our very own wood fairy has also sent me what looks like the other half of the logs from the pieces you have, and packed that flat rate box like the flat rate box it is! I would swear looking at your open box, that mine looks nearly identical! I just got mine today also.

The wheels started turning on thinking what to make first. Several of the pieces are woods that I've been chompin' at the bit to try, especially the mesquite and sisso, but it's all neat stuff that I don't have. I think after I get current piece of wood off my lathe, something from this box is going up next!

Look forward to what you do with yours Roger. May have to make a Kathy Marshall Wood Challenge out of it!

Kathy...many thanks, you outdid yourselfagain!

Tony De Masi
01-06-2012, 4:16 PM
Congrats Roger. Now, as you said, it's time to get busy.

Donny Lawson
01-06-2012, 5:28 PM
It's nice to have friends here at the creek.

David E Keller
01-06-2012, 8:23 PM
Congrats to you and Tim, Roger! That Kathy is good people, and she exemplifies the goodness that we've all seen in the turning world! Looking forward to seeing what you both create!

Scott Hackler
01-06-2012, 8:29 PM
You guys are going to love that Sissoo. Of all the wood she's sent me, Sissoo is easily my favorite. Can't wait to see what you guys turn from it! Ain't that Kathy something special?

Kathy Marshall
01-07-2012, 12:26 AM
You're welcome Roger and Tim!
Can't wait to see what you turn and hear how you like the different woods.

I need to be careful or I'm going to lose my "wood fairy" nickname and be known as "the wood pusher" for turning other turners into southwestern wood addicts :eek:! Although, as far as addictions go, this is a pretty nice one to have :D.

Sid Matheny
01-07-2012, 12:51 AM
A super gift for sure! I have never even seen Sissoo so let us know what you think after turning it.

Sid

Steve Schlumpf
01-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Congrats on that Roger! Looking forward to seeing what you turn out of it!

I just finished a vase last week that was out of Mesquite that Kathy sent me! Beautiful stuff! I am thinking about turning a hollow form out of the big chunk of Mesquite that came with it! Sure is some pretty wood!!

Bernie Weishapl
01-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Congrats Roger. That is some fine looking turning wood. Be interesting to see what you come up with.