PDA

View Full Version : Inadvertent Creeker meeting

Mike Cruz
01-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Found an item on CL. Chatted with the seller. Arranged a time and place to meet. Then I asked the question...You on SMC? "Uh, yeah". Well, I'm Mike Cruz. "Ohhh, well come on over!" Hehe, that was hysterical...

Met up with Mike Tekin. I'd post what I bought as a gloat, but somehow it just doesn't seem right...:o

Mike's got a great set up. Got to see that new Laguna band saw...sweet machine...I don't know if he noticed me drooling or not...tried to hide it. ;)

Then, I started dropping names of other local Creekers, which he quickly acknowledged knowing their names. Then, when I mentioned Peter Elliott, he said, "Yeah, I sold him an item through CL!" Small world, huh? I called Peter when I got in my truck and he remembered Mike right away. That turned out to be a real pleaure.

Mike, great meeting you. Hope you'll come visit my shop someday.

Stephen Cherry
01-05-2012, 11:24 PM
As usual, Mike Cruz has all the good craigslist deals locked up.

Mike Cruz
01-05-2012, 11:41 PM
You don't want to know, Stephen...

Bruce Page
01-06-2012, 1:14 AM
You don't want to know, Stephen...
I want to know!

Mike Cruz
01-06-2012, 4:47 AM
Hope Mike won't mind, but he replaced the fence that came on the Laguna band saw with another one. So, he was selling the stock fence... $25. He says Laguna wants...let's just say, a LOT more for them...

Bruce Page
01-06-2012, 11:52 AM
We’ll let you slide as long as it wasn’t the adjustable DriftMaster Fence System for $25. :cool::)

Mike Cruz
01-06-2012, 12:00 PM
No, it was the orginal... He put the Driftmaster on the saw, hence selling this one. Apparently, Laguna wants something like $250 for the original fence...