PDA

View Full Version : Rapidair

Fred Belknap
01-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Anyone have any experience with the Rapidair system. I'm needing to plumb some air in my shop and was wondering if there is any problems using this system?

Van Huskey
01-05-2012, 11:07 PM
I saw it in the new Grizzly catalog and am interested in opinions as well.

Jeff Monson
01-06-2012, 9:42 AM
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?178853-Opinions-on-RapidAir-Compressed-Air-Kit

There are some opinions here on this thread. I have it in my shop, its very easy to install, leak free so far for me.
I have it ran on the perimeter of the ceiling on my shop, I ran 3 drops with a manifold at my compressor. I run a short 3' flexible line from my compressor to the manifold with quick disconnects, that way I can unhook my compressor from the system very quickly. The line is easy to cut as they supply a cutter with the kit, its not as flexible as one would hope. The fittings are foolproof, just push them on and they are seated, just as easy to take them off. I run 125lbs of pressure on my system, no problems so far.

David Kumm
01-06-2012, 10:08 AM
Also take a look at the Transair systems sold be Garage Pak and others. More expensive but a heavy duty easy to move system. Dave

Fred Belknap
01-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the replies. I guess I should have done a search first.

Victor Stearns
01-07-2012, 2:26 PM
Try McMaster Carr. Look for D.O.T. air fittings and line. Specifically look for the push to connect. I did this 5-years ago and while I had to make my own manifolds, I am very happy with the results.
Good Luck
Victor