PDA

View Full Version : Home Improvement Question

Bob Winkler
03-13-2005, 4:21 PM
Thought you guys could help me out. I want to replace my ugly, builder-installed, exterior wall-mounted coach lights with some nice flourescent dusk-dawn lamps which I bought through my utility company. The old lamps are just bolted to a bracket screwed directly through the vinyl siding into the sheathing.

To do the job right and make it look nice, I purchased a vinyl surface mounting plate made for existing siding. The problem is that this mounting is too small for my fixture:eek: . It's about 6" square, and my fixture needs about 9". Neither Lowes or HD have a bigger mounting plate. A quick online search couldn't find any either. Has anyone seen one of these?

If I can't find one, I may have to concoct something out of wood. Any other ideas?:confused:

Bob

Todd Davidson
03-14-2005, 5:34 PM
Hi Bob~

You should be able to acquire a larger light block at Marjam Supplies (860)953-7333 in West Hartford - off of Park Rd - just north of Coastal Tools. If you can't find what you're looking for at Marjam let me know and I'll try to get one through one of the other suppliers I use. Am almost positive Marjam will have them.

Bob Winkler
03-14-2005, 7:06 PM
thanks Todd,

I'll give them a try

Bob