PDA

View Full Version : Weekend happenings

Rob Littleton
03-13-2005, 1:41 PM
So, it was the weekend that every man and woman dread after the age of 30.......my birthday so I got plenty of time in the shop AFTER helping LOML lay stone (sigh)....as if we didnt have enough stone is the back yard, 40 tons later and we have more......thank God for the invention of the Bobcat.

Then, onto some real work in the shop. It must have worked, all my suttle hints paid off coz at dinner on Friday night, I was presented with a gift. The Trend Airshield (yeehaa). I love it......as well as dinner at my favorite restaraunt with my favorite wife and kids then off to the movies to see Robots......the kids tell me it was good....I had eyes shut most of the time and got nudged for snoring. That doesnt represent the movie, I was just beat...

I got the chance to pick up a Wolverine sharpening jig along with a couple of attachments for $100. Nice steal I thought. Went to the Borg and got me an 8 inch stone (bought for myself for my bday) and converted an old mailbox stand into a sharpening station. Pretty cool I thought. Then, built the outfeed table for the table saw and hung some shelves.

Last weekend was a weekend of plumbing and I was down.....

This weekend made up for it (although, she did try and tell me there is a leak on the sprinklers....I think, I didn't hear that)

Anyways, thanks for reading and checking out my shop (which is coming along slowly but surely)

regards

Rob Littleton
03-13-2005, 1:46 PM
try again with the pics. you might the airshield box this time

David Fried
03-13-2005, 2:28 PM
Rob,

For us New Englanders, Arizona is a foreign world. We spend most of our time trying to get the rocks out of our yards so I am curious about your rocks. Are they part of the landscaping or does something go on top? It is to help retain moisture or prevent erosion or what??

Oh yeah, the shop looks nice (and warm), air shield is great and HAPPY B-DAY!!

Jim Dunn
03-13-2005, 2:44 PM
Boy Dave are you New Englanders silly or what?? They grow em in Arizona just like you grow snow up east, don't ya:confused::eek::p:p

Jim Becker
03-13-2005, 3:57 PM
Ya know, Rob...now I'm truly, truly jealous of your shop. No question. I'm gonna go back to mine now and weep over my understated 8' ceilings...:o

Jeff Sudmeier
03-14-2005, 8:15 AM
Sounds like you had yourself a busy weekend and you were able to get a LOT done! Happy birthday and congrats on the gifts!

Rob Littleton
03-14-2005, 7:56 PM
Dave, we had a retainng wall built when we moved in as the land just rolled off to next door and there was about 8 feet lost on the hill. We back filled with some dirt from the other side of the yard and weeds have started to come through since we just left it that way. We put down the weed blocker paper and put rock on top of it just for looks mainly but now that 8 foot strip we regained can be used. The kids run around on it and I use it to store the camper trailer on and the shed. So, to answer your question, it's just for landscaping really.

If you are ever in AZ, let me know and you are welcome to stop by.

Rob,

For us New Englanders, Arizona is a foreign world. We spend most of our time trying to get the rocks out of our yards so I am curious about your rocks. Are they part of the landscaping or does something go on top? It is to help retain moisture or prevent erosion or what??

Oh yeah, the shop looks nice (and warm), air shield is great and HAPPY B-DAY!!