PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Ornaments - More Birdhouses

Will Winder
01-01-2012, 11:50 PM
These are my first finished lathe projects. I made one and showed it to my fiance. Then she went out and bought 12 birds at a craft store and asked for a spot to put them. I spent most of December filling that order. My fiance did all the wood burning, coloring and made the hooks. We gave them away to family on Christmas.

All but the brown one were made out of reclaimed lumber - either firewood or poplar banisters. There was some oak firewood but I'm not sure what the rest of it is. The brown one was made from a walnut gunstock blank (which is much nicer to turn than my firewood!!!).

Thanks to everyone who posted pictures of their birdhouses on these forums, I had a lot of inspiration from all of them.

Doug W Swanson
01-02-2012, 12:09 AM
Excellent job! Nice assortment of colors and designs.

Joe Watson
01-02-2012, 2:38 AM
That's great, yous make a good team - like the snowman the best.

Richard Jones
01-02-2012, 7:35 AM
Great gifts, your family will treasure them for years. I really like the bottom right, especially the pyro on the roof, it makes the piece zing!

Thanks for sharing, and don't forget to tell your fiance......

Rich

Donny Lawson
01-02-2012, 8:26 AM
Those are some excellent houses. I hope to try my hand at those soon. I like the 3rd one from the top. It looks like a mushroom. Very neat. Thanks for sharing.

Dennis Ford
01-02-2012, 9:29 AM
Those look great, good teamwork.

Jim Burr
01-02-2012, 9:33 AM
You two make a fine pair Will...the color and burning really add that cool touch!

Roger Chandler
01-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Those are super! I really like the lines burned in the roof and the colors..........nice job!

John W Dixon
01-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Great looking work, the burning sets them over the top. Very cool!

Brian Effinger
01-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Wonderful bird houses, and a great collaberation. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

(I don't think collaberation is spelled right, but the checker doesn't seem to be working for me)