PDA

View Full Version : Wild Black Cherry

Glenn Hodges
03-12-2005, 2:37 PM
I wish some of you people lived closer to me. A friend which is a farmer cleaned up a fence row full of wild black cherry the other day, and pushed it in a long windrow pile. I only kept the trees that were 12 inches in diameter and larger, and that was a big 4 wheel trailer load. For all of you that turn smaller stuff I don't know how many trailer loads are still left over there, and he said he will burn it all. He even loaded it on my trailer with his tractor front loader. The friend said he called me because he hated to see it burned when someone could use it. He will get a bowl or two for this load of beautiful cherry. It always amazes me how much beautiful wood is burned in this country.

Bruce Shiverdecker
03-12-2005, 4:00 PM
Sounds great, but................................not worth two days travel each way to get it.

Oh Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce

Steve Inniss
03-12-2005, 7:47 PM
At least we'll get to see the cherry when you post your bowl pics Glenn. That's better than burning it anyday.

Jeff Sudmeier
03-13-2005, 8:07 AM
At least you were told of it now, rather than latter! I had a friend at work cut down 3 black walnuts and cut them up into firewood one weekend. Then he came into work and bragged how much he got done. I could choked him!