PDA

View Full Version : changing k40 laser lens

maria galligan
01-01-2012, 2:19 AM
Hi I am trying to change the lens in my k40 laser engraver. I can't figure out how to get it out. There are two springs holding it in. Do I have to take these springs out to get the lens out? Can anybody tell me how to change the lens? Any help will be appreciated.
thanks Maria:confused:

maria galligan
01-01-2012, 2:51 PM
Maybe my question is confusing or I'm using the wrong terms, I'm a complete newby to this. I actually took the whole mount out of the machine last night. So what I am talking about is the lens or mirror that you focus the beam with. This mount has three adjusting screws on it to adjust the beam inside the machine. The actual lens has been burnt through to the other side. I spoke with Shenhui lasers yesterday and they told me it was a reflection lens, is that right? Now what I want to know is how to get it out of the mount? There are two springs holding the two parts together. It looks like to me it does not come out. Can I buy it already installed in the mount? Any help please? Thanks Maria

Rich Harman
01-01-2012, 3:33 PM
I think the best bet is to post a picture so that there is no mistake as to what you are talking about.

A "reflection lens", what is that? I'm confused too.

Mirrors reflect, lenses focus.

maria galligan
01-01-2012, 4:34 PM
How do i post photos on here? I don't know how to do that:confused::confused:

maria galligan
01-01-2012, 6:03 PM
Some photos are attached please have a look and tell me how to get the mirror or lens out to replace it.
Thanks Maria

maria galligan
01-01-2012, 6:08 PM
Another photo

Ernie Balch
01-01-2012, 7:09 PM
It looks like the round part just screws on to hold the mirror in place.

maria galligan
01-01-2012, 7:18 PM
The round part has two springs in it. It looks like to me the mirror is sealed in. Because the round part is in two sections one on top of each other. And the springs are holding the two square parts together with the screws moving the front piece. That's why I asked how do I get the mirror out. I can't see how you can.

Rich Harman
01-01-2012, 8:54 PM
The round part has two springs in it..... And the springs are holding the two square parts together with the screws moving the front piece. .

It looks to me like the round piece should screw off too, but can't tell for sure. It also looks like a lens was put in where a mirror should be, it is cracked so that may be making it harder to unscrew.