PDA

View Full Version : Five Barns Picnic Announcement!

Bill Grumbine
04-24-2003, 6:31 PM
Greetings all

As many ex Ponders will remember, last August we had a bodacious blowout here at the Five Barns complex in eastern PA. The name of the event at the time was the Pennsylvania Pond Picnic. Somehow, that just ain't a gonna fit this year...

Anyway, we are changing the name, but we aren't changing the fun. Last year we had 65 people in attendance, and we hope to exceed that number for this year.

So, mark you calendars for August 1st and 2nd of 2003. Everyone is welcome, and we hope to see you here. Details will follow as they become available. If you have any questions, suggestions, or want to be on the email list for updates, please email me at ultradad@enter.net .

We're looking forward to seeing a bunch of old friends and making some new.

Bill

Jason Roehl
04-24-2003, 7:06 PM
Look out, Five Barns, the Roehls are on their way!!!

At least, we've put it on our calendar, and the boss could get shot if he suggests that I have to work then. :D

Jim Becker
04-24-2003, 7:17 PM
It's on the calendar and unless something extraordinary happens, Alison and I will be there. We had such a great time at the "mini-prelude" to the big event last summer, that I'm sure that the "real deal" will be a hoot!

Charles McKinley
04-24-2003, 9:13 PM
Hi Bill,

I can't wait to see more of those huge shavings fly! I hope that I can convince LOML to come along.

Ray Thompson
04-24-2003, 10:56 PM
Look for us mid-day on Friday, Lynn just told me that she is off the first week in August. Timing couldn't be better. Let me know what to bring.

Ray - Thanks for the note..

Keith Outten
04-25-2003, 7:47 AM
Bill,

Put my name on the list, I'll be there.

Dale Sherman
04-25-2003, 8:40 AM
That's the weekend we finish up our vacation at Ashokan Fiddle and Dance camp in the Catskills. Our family goes every year. Stephanie would NOT be happy if I skipped out. Now, if it was on the second wekkend in August next year....

Dale

John Showler
04-25-2003, 12:37 PM
Bill,

You are a glutton for punishment :) I'll sure try to make it.

Hope all is well with you and family. Waiting for warmer weather so you guys can come visit us. I've got some biggie pieces of wood to share with you!

John

Tom Sweeney
04-25-2003, 12:51 PM
Can flat WW'ers come too :D

Actually even calling myself a WW'er is a stretch - but I do anyway ;)

I'm looking forward to coming Bill - barring any unforseen schedule changes which is unfortunately always a possibility.

I really, really would like to meet some of you characters - er I mean fine people :D

Jim Becker
04-26-2003, 9:42 AM
Originally posted by Tom Sweeney
Can flat WW'ers come too :D

I think it quite unlikely that any of us could be called "flat"...:D (Especially just after having stepped up on the scale)

Tom Sweeney
04-26-2003, 1:25 PM
Jim,
I most assuredly did not mean flat like that :D

Originally posted by Jim Becker
I think it quite unlikely that any of us could be called "flat"...:D (Especially just after having stepped up on the scale)

My scale don't go high enough for my weight class ;) :rolleyes:

keith zimmerman
04-26-2003, 1:45 PM
Bill, I just sent you an email asking to be on the mailing list even though my attendance is very tenative at this time. I hope I can schedule a trip out there for this.

keithz

Bill Grumbine
04-26-2003, 5:52 PM
Hey everyone! Thanks for the responses.

Jason, write this down in ink! We really enjoyed meeting your entire family at Ray's, and we have a field for campers too, so come on out.

Jim, we'll look forward to seeing you and Alison again. We have some very good memories of last year too.

Chuck, there will be LOTS of shavings flying here, just like at Ray's. We'll look forward to seeing you again too.

Ray, that's great news! I'm glad to hear it worked out with your schedule. I wonder if any of the other local folks out your way can make it? I'll have to bug Al - he's a man of leisure.

Keith, that's great news, and I will look forward to meeting you. Will you be bringing the family?

Dale, tell Stephanie to cut that vacation short, and I'll throw in a box of orange rubber pads for her trouble.:D

John, we'll look forward to seeing you all again, and perhaps Lisa will be up for this one along with the Lost Boys. ;)

Tom, it's a short ride for you, so we'll look forward to seeing you here, despite being "flat". We know how to do that here too.

Keith, I got your email, and I'll put you on the list. I know it will be a long ride for you, but the PA countryside is beautiful that time of year, and we are going to have a great group of people here.

To anyone else reading this, I hope a bunch of you are going to be able to make it. Since the forum set up here makes collecting email addresses a bit difficult, please send me an email as well if you would like to be on the list. I will be posting announcements as events warant.

Bill

Malcolm Timbers
04-26-2003, 6:08 PM
Hi Bill,

I'll be there with a basket of tomatoes provided I can find a place to stash all the lumber that I got piled in the greenhouse over winter and get the potting soil back in with some tomatoes.

Right now the tomatoes are in small pots on a shelf in my workshop keeping warm and cozy.

Malcolm Timbers:o

David Ripley
04-26-2003, 6:56 PM
Sure wish I could make it out there to meet all you fine people. Been reading your post here and over at the Pond or I should say dry Pond for years. I know it will be great. Thanks for the invite Bill, maybe someday. David, out here in Northern California