PDA

View Full Version : Finished my pen display rack

Donny Lawson
12-31-2011, 12:59 PM
I could not come up with any pictures so I designed this one myself. Kindly simple using Maple and Walnut. I will hold 11 pens. I will be making more and all with a different look and design. Its finished with a few coats of spray laquare. C&C please.

Roger Chandler
12-31-2011, 1:03 PM
Hey, l like this Donny..........seems an attractive way to display your pens............if you don't mind, I would like to borrow your design perhaps...........nice work on this!!! Good luck with your sales!

Dahl Troy Perry
12-31-2011, 2:05 PM
Nice looking Donny I'd make something like that to show off my pens but my wife gives them away faster then I can make them:).

Brian Effinger
12-31-2011, 2:11 PM
Nice rack! :D :D :D

Seriously, though, it is really nice, and I'm sure it will help you sell many pens.

John Terefenko
12-31-2011, 3:03 PM
I could not come up with any pictures so I designed this one myself. Kindly simple using Maple and Walnut. I will hold 11 pens. I will be making more and all with a different look and design. Its finished with a few coats of spray laquare. C&C please.

In all fairness I did answer your post when you asked to see some. So there were a few photos.

Anyway very nice job with the rack. The color combination makes a statement that is not too overwhelming but does show that you care alot about your product if you go the extra mile to make a homemade nicely built rack. I think to me that is what a rack that says. People will say to themself he must put that much care and thought in his pens also. Could mean more sales. Now you need to make a few more. May also want to try doubledecking it. So many ideas and sky is the limit.

Dan Forman
12-31-2011, 3:51 PM
Donny --- nice job on the rack. As long as you are making multiples, and assuming these are sales displays, you might want to consider keeping them fairly uniform in design - I know, boring, but brings a sense of unity to the layout as a whole. If you really want different designs, then you could set them up in similar pairs in different locations on the table. One other thing to think about would be to make them solid colors, light for dark pens, and dark for light pens, which would show the pens off to their best advantage.

Dan

Greg Just
12-31-2011, 5:37 PM
Very nice display for your pens. What kind of pen is the one on the far left? Very interesting looking.

Rodney Walker
12-31-2011, 7:08 PM
Donny --- nice job on the rack. As long as you are making multiples, and assuming these are sales displays, you might want to consider keeping them fairly uniform in design - I know, boring, but brings a sense of unity to the layout as a whole. If you really want different designs, then you could set them up in similar pairs in different locations on the table. One other thing to think about would be to make them solid colors, light for dark pens, and dark for light pens, which would show the pens off to their best advantage.

Dan

Normally I leave critiques to others because I haven't turned enough to feel qualified to comment. My wife and I used to run a small antiques business on the side and from personal experience I can say that how an object is displayed will make or break a sale quickly. I think you built a nice looking display with a nice shape but feel Dan has valid points about uniformity and keeping the rack(s) a single color just on the grounds you don't want to distract the buyer from your pens.
Rodney

Jim Burr
12-31-2011, 8:26 PM
To follow Dan a bit, if you sell various types, maybe put Sierra's on one type of rack, Jr Gent's on another style and Vertex on another style...please change the style names to protect the guilty.

Bernie Weishapl
12-31-2011, 9:27 PM
That is really a nice looking display unit Donny. Well done.

Donny Lawson
12-31-2011, 10:15 PM
Very nice display for your pens. What kind of pen is the one on the far left? Very interesting looking.

Greg, that is a Vertex Click pen wrapped with Rosewood.