PDA

View Full Version : Nondescript maple bowl

Michael Stafford
03-12-2005, 9:54 AM
Here is a little maple bowl about 3 1/4" tall and 5 1/4" in diameter made from some plain maple. I was able to get it turned down to where the walls are about 1/8" or less in thickness.

I wish I had thought to inlay something into it like Glenn Hodges does with some of the plainer woods he has shown.

Whaddaya think?

Ken Fitzgerald
03-12-2005, 10:21 AM
Mike....I like the form, finish and wood! Sometimes beauty is in the simplicity. Nice work!

Jeff Sudmeier
03-12-2005, 10:27 AM
Mike,

I like that bowl. Sometimes you can get away with mistakes in fancy woods. In plainer woods you can not. You have made this plain wood look great!

Jim Ketron
03-12-2005, 10:52 AM
Big Mike thats awesome Buddy.
the wall thickness is scary thin:eek:
but I dont think its plain I see some figure in that bowl!
nice shape too
Jim

Steve Inniss
03-12-2005, 1:11 PM
Big Mike,
My description of that nondescript bowl is: perfect.
I think everyone should have a personal lap bowl just like that one - wouldn't change a thing. I use mine everyday. -Steve

John Miliunas
03-12-2005, 2:00 PM
Mike, ditto to what the other guys are saying! Fer cryin' out loud....Don't fix it if it ain't broke and that piece certainly needs no fixin'! :D I envy turners who can continue such a nice, continuous roundness to the piece. I always end up with something a bit less than round! Nice job.:) :cool:

Glenn Hodges
03-12-2005, 2:22 PM
Mike it is not nondescript, it is very nice, nice lines, nice wood, all put together to make a describablely lovely piece.

Pat Salter
03-14-2005, 2:05 AM
Yeah, I'm with the rest :) , very nice all over. the only thing to add would be popcorn or m&m's or nuts.....

Jack Hogoboom
03-15-2005, 5:42 PM
Gorgeous form. Really well executed.

Jack