PDA

View Full Version : Old vs New Fein Multimaster

Larry Edgerton
12-30-2011, 6:36 PM
Ok, heres the story....

I had to cut about a mile, well it seems like a mile, of rabbits in white oak logs. The center section I did with a jig I made for the biscuit joiner, but the ends where the logs come together could not be reached. So I got out my trusty Fein and went to work. at each junction I would have to change cutters as one would not do both the straight and the junction where direction changes. After being tired of this process, and dropping the allen wrench a few times I called my supplier and had them run out a new quick change model Fein.

Wow! What a difference. The new one is much more aggressive, so much so that it was taking the teeth off of the fishtail saw I was using when at full speed. I didn't even mind as it was so danged fast. I slowed it down a bit and the blades lasted longer, only wore out three today. Just as controlable as the old.

So..... The moral of the story is if you have an older Fein, and the danged thing will not wear out, but you want the quick change[you do], just go buy one anyway and sell your old one. Thats what I'm doing.:p

Larry