PDA

View Full Version : my homemade tablesaw accessories

Dave Harker
03-12-2005, 2:54 AM
I just added links to my shop page (link below), showing some homemade table saw accessories.
Many ideas for these items came from all of you - thanks!

Here's what I made:

extension table
outfeed table -- installs in about 30 seconds when needed, very simple)
splitter -- made from a gate hinge! cost me $5.49...

my shop page (http://webpages.charter.net/harkerhome/WWShop/index.html)

Frank Pellow
03-12-2005, 6:15 AM
Love that home-made splitter! :) The tables aren't bad either. ;)

Mike Cutler
03-12-2005, 8:19 AM
That's a real nice website you have there Dave. I liked the links to the Wynn site, it gave me alot of good info. I like your overarm TS dust collection boom, pretty clever. I never thought about attaching one to the wall.
Once again Thanks for the peek into your shop.

Tyler Howell
03-12-2005, 8:35 AM
Hey Dave,

Love those "roll you own projects". Real sense of satisfaction. Have you bumped into Creeker Dave Richards down there in Mayo Land yet? Good man and great family. I fly bye there on occasion and would love to hook up.
Keep the projects coming.
TJH

Dave Harker
03-12-2005, 4:22 PM
Thanks everyone, it's fun to be able to share this stuff via a community like this.

Frank, I appreciate your comments - glad you like what you saw!

Mike, you are right, the Wynn site is great, I like supporting a company that is clearly so friendly to woodworkers. The overarm setup is a bit ugly, but it works, and saved me $300-400 (vs. commerical versions). I had the TV stand already on the wall, and its brackets are rated for 1,000 lbs/pair, so I just "added on", while keeping the overarm system as light as possible.

Tyler, thanks for your comments, I really do enjoy the "roll your own" aspect of tinkering like this, and as you said, it is quite satisfying - WW is a good place to funnel our creative urges. I do not know Dave Richards. Feel free to let me know whenever you are heading down here, perhaps we can meet.

RichMagnone
03-12-2005, 4:41 PM
Dave, I'd file down the front of the splitter into a "V" shape so that the wood "glides" into the split a little easier. Most of the commercial removable splitters have this feature. Yours might benefit too.

Kent Cori
03-12-2005, 9:03 PM
I really like your two tables Dave but that splitter definitely takes this weeks SMC innovation award!;)

Dave Harker
03-13-2005, 12:41 AM
Rick, thanks for the suggestion - I did feather the leading edge a bit with a file, but it is more like a "U" than a "V".

Kent, thanks for your compliments - the whole idea of making my own splitter came from the "internet woodworking community", I don't recall who exactly.

Dave

ernie henshaw
07-09-2009, 5:11 PM
thanks for sharing your shop pic's and innovations.you've got a great shop and obviously a lot of talent again thank you ernie.

Garth Keel
07-09-2009, 5:38 PM
I found lots of ideas I like your website. Its bookmarked!

The splitter is amazing. Seeing that possibility in the store shows your active imagination.

Peter Quinn
07-09-2009, 7:08 PM
Nice work Dave. Your work is 'homemade' like oatmeal cookies and pie, the best kind, better than you can buy.