PDA

View Full Version : Something Different

Stew Hagerty
12-30-2011, 1:38 PM
My daughter's long-time boyfriend is in a band called The Hollows (very popular band in NYC) and they just cut their first CD this past year. Well, I had a couple of nice pieces of Big Leaf Maple Burl laying around, and when I saw that their cover art was a tree, the idea for my Christmas gift for him was an inspiration. I custom mixed an amber-red colored GF dye, thinned it down by half then followed with GF medium brown dye, also thinned by half. After allowing the dyes to dry thoroughly, I tried my hand (first time ever) at a French (ish) polish using Qualasole. After I got the hang of it, I enjoyed the process and think it turned out pretty good. After letting it dry for about 3 days, I applied 3 coats of Black Bison clear paste wax. Let me know what you think?

Chad Easterling
12-30-2011, 5:02 PM
That's cool. I'm sure he appreciated it.

Marshall Border
01-07-2012, 6:40 PM
Looks like a good job from here ..............like it ,,,,,,,,,,,,:) MB

Pat Zabrocki
01-09-2012, 9:20 AM
That's very cool! I think records go "gold", "platinum" and then "burl" right? or is it "Burl", "gold", and then "platinum"? it so confusing ;)
great job
Pat

Stew Hagerty
01-10-2012, 11:34 AM
That's very cool! I think records go "gold", "platinum" and then "burl" right? or is it "Burl", "gold", and then "platinum"? it so confusing ;)
great job
Pat

Actually it goes "Burl", "Gold", "Platinum", then "whatever, I've got so much money already, who gives a crap" :D