PDA

View Full Version : Rules for cutting fire wood

Ken Garlock
03-12-2005, 1:32 AM
I recieved this in an Email today :)

RULES FOR CUTTING YOUR OWN FIREWOOD:

1. Park twice as far from the tree as the tree is tall.

2. It helps to notch the tree away from the truck.

3. The fact that you live within driving distance of a forest
does not make you a lumberjack.

4. Just to be on the safe side, always borrow your buddy's truck.

James Mahoney
03-12-2005, 2:25 AM
First thing I said to myself was WOW, I hope his wife was'nt waiting for him in the front seat. Good one Ken! :p

Herb Blair
03-12-2005, 7:09 AM
I was wandering why my Brother-in-Law hasn't returned my pickup. Now I know. Guess I'll have to take it out it lumber.....
;)

Jeff Sudmeier
03-12-2005, 7:13 AM
I have received this in an email before. Makes you wonder how often it happens :)

Richard Wolf
03-12-2005, 8:35 AM
It makes a nice saw buck!!

Richard

Greg Johnson
03-12-2005, 11:31 AM
OH Great!..... This is either a bad omen.... or a good friendly reminder :o . I have 4 trees I am dropping today.... all within damage distance of the house and I will be using my truck to help pull them over. I think I'll go out to the shop right now and remeasure my rope to make sure it's long enough....

Thanks,
Greg

Jason Roehl
03-12-2005, 3:03 PM
First thing I said to myself was WOW, I hope his wife was'nt waiting for him in the front seat. Good one Ken! :p I bet HE wishes he was...so he doesn't have to explain it to her. :D

Now for his ad in the paper:

Chevy 1/2 ton stepside for sale. Hardwood acc(id)ents throughout cab. Low-rider option already installed. Comes with chainsaw--getting out of tree biz.

:D

Don Bergren
03-12-2005, 4:04 PM
We have a local online news presence that ran a story on hard luck tree felling. It happened yesterday March 11, 2005. I feel bad for the home owners. Check it out.

Bad Day Cutting Trees (http://knox.villagesoup.com/Community/Story.cfm?StoryID=32168) :eek:

Jim Stastny
03-12-2005, 8:28 PM
I wonder . . . how many board feet of lumber do you suppose is in that log???

Dale Thompson
03-13-2005, 7:36 PM
Ken,
Your picture reminds of the story of the old logger who pulled up to a house to provide a requested quote on cutting down a large tree. The homeowner asked if he had insurance. "Nope", he said. :( "Are you bonded?", he was asked. "Nope", he replied. :( "Well", said the homeowner, "then how do I know that you won't drop the tree on my house?" :eek: The old pro promptly parked his brand new, highly-customized, 4x4, 1-ton pickup truck between the house and the tree. "How's that for insurance?", he asked as he skillfully honed the cutters on his massive chain saw. ;) He got the job. :cool: :)

Is this a TRUE story? Who cares? :)

Dale T.