PDA

View Full Version : Name Tags - few questions

Khalid Nazim
12-29-2011, 10:10 PM
I am preparing to quote for some name tags- size 3" x 1". What is the best place to get the magnets/pins and how much should I pay for them? Also, what is the acceptable thickness for Rowmark/Encore to use?

Regards
Khalid

John Noell
12-29-2011, 10:46 PM
I dunno about "best" place (esp. for a Canadian since I am in Fiji), but I get my pinbacks from Namifiers.com and kydproducts.co.uk. JDS has had good deals on magnets. (However, they use rare earth magnets and rare earth prices have been skyrocketing so I am sure prices have changed upwards since I last ordered.)

Mike Null
12-30-2011, 7:17 AM
I use JDS and magnet prices have doubled in the past few months. I just placed an order this week and paid $.54 US for the style I use. I also get my pins from JDS but buy my plastic from Johnson.

I don't know if Johnson is available in Canada but I think JDS is.

Ron Bogert
12-30-2011, 9:36 AM
Khalid,
Name plates are one of my "staple" products and I offer the magnetic, Pin back (safety) and double pin post type backings. I only use the rare earth (3 magnet) magnetic backings because I feel it is important to offer my customers the best. I use Johnson Plastics J63 type and yes the pricing has been a roller coaster ride in the last couple of years because most of the rare earth magnets are mined in China. Although they did come down slightly here recently. Just remember to let your customers know they are magnetic and not recommended for people with pacemakers.
Best Regards
Ron

Khalid Nazim
12-31-2011, 3:47 PM
Thanks everyone for your suggestions and sources. I will reach out to Johnson and JDS and see if they can supply to Canada.

Tony Lenkic
12-31-2011, 4:10 PM
Khalid,

JDS has a local supplier for Canadian market (Tromart). They are located in Torbram and Derry road area. Prices are bit more than what you would pay directly from JDS but you save on transportation. If you are to buy large quantity then shopping direct is worth it.

Bill Cunningham
01-03-2012, 7:07 PM
Thanks everyone for your suggestions and sources. I will reach out to Johnson and JDS and see if they can supply to Canada.

Engravers Express in Mississauga.. Google them..