PDA

View Full Version : It's Green - Triple Gloat

Doug Herzberg
12-29-2011, 6:18 PM
Ordered a GO698, received a GO698. Since it is discontinued, we were wondering if I might get the white GO733. It's not a PM 3520, but I
could have two of these for the price of one of those

and it's a big step up from where I was (see photo below) (don't look Mr. K - I'll clean the shop real soon).

Mr. Hardy, I got the 4x6 in before I bolted the legs on like you said, but I can't get it to spin around. I'll shim it up when I get it to it's final location.

I had to take the headstock and tailstock off because Mrs. Herzberg was having trouble lifting the bed onto the legs. She would have been okay except she was trying to wrangle that 4x6 in between the legs with her other hand. Anyway, I set the headstock down on my finger and got a bruise under the nail, but otherwise no casualties and it really helped her out, I think.

So this is my triple gloat, or "how I spent the insurance money, dear." I gloated a little about the bandsaw when it came in on the general woodworking forum, but it was all part of the plan.

Now I won't be able to blame the tools for my poor results.

Roger Chandler
12-29-2011, 6:25 PM
Woo hoooo! Okay Doug............now the vortex gets fun! You will enjoy this lathe I think...........I have certainly enjoyed mine! If you have any questions on your new unit, feel free to send me an email or a PM.........hopefully we can get you started right!

Congratulations!

Bernie Weishapl
12-29-2011, 7:37 PM
Congrats on the new lathe. Looks like you are falling deeper into the black hole of the vortex.

John Keeton
12-29-2011, 7:42 PM
I would say that is a definitive move up!! Just for that, you can have a three day pass on shop cleanup!

Steve bellinger
12-29-2011, 8:20 PM
Doug as i also have that lathe, i know how much fun your gonna have.

David E Keller
12-29-2011, 8:21 PM
Congrats! Turning at your place just got a whole lot more fun!

Tom Hardy
12-29-2011, 10:16 PM
Right On Doug, you are definitely going to enjoy that lathe. I see you got the 4x6 in place, try it like you got it on a few heavy items, then try it like I posted over at the GGMG discussion and let me know what you think.