PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have plans drawn up for hollowing systems?

Jim Underwood
12-29-2011, 10:21 AM
I was looking at the Monster hollowing system, but decided it wasn't in the budget. So I thought perhaps I could get a friend of mine with some metal working machines to build us both a system. But I lack plans...

But before I re-invent the wheel, perhaps y'all could point me to some plans previously published, or post information, such as bearing numbers and such...

Thanks in advance...

Steve Vaughan
12-29-2011, 10:27 AM
I used 1" square stock along with 1/4" X 1" for the thin pieces. For the upright, I used two pieces of 1 1/4" angle iron welded together to make a square upright. It's welded to a piece of 1/2" plate to put on the lathe bed. You don't need 1/2", it was all I had. I got my figures from some of the posts here on others that made them. For the bearings, I used those flat thrust bearing like these (http://www.amazon.com/Thrust-Bearing-Miniature-Bearings-VXB/dp/B0056JIEOE/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1325172196&sr=8-9). You can google 'thrust bearing' and get lots of stuff. Others on here have used nylon washers I think.

Bill Bolen
12-29-2011, 2:36 PM
Harry Robinett just posted his new homemade system and mentioned plans he had drawn. Might check with him for a copy. Looks like a great articulated system.