PDA

View Full Version : Wood Business cards

Francisco Montes
12-28-2011, 4:28 PM
Has anyone lasered wood business cards with designs that can be snapped off? I am trying to do just this but I don't know enough to figure out how to make the depth settings and how to design it so that just enough is left in the lines of the design so that it snaps off cleanly.

Dan Hintz
12-28-2011, 6:30 PM
It's best to cut all of the way through and leave tabs... trying to set to a specific depth on a variable-density substrate like wood is asking for heartache.

Scott Challoner
12-28-2011, 7:51 PM
If you want them to snap apart, you could also set your PPI (frequency) low enough that you perforate the wood. It will leave you with fairly rough edges though so you'll have to decide if that fits your needs.

Mike Null
12-29-2011, 7:13 AM
I doubt that you will find a setting that will allow you to snap off wood cleanly. You'll likely have to sand or file it lightly to get a smooth edge.

Welcome to Sawmill Creek.

rich shepard
12-29-2011, 1:58 PM
Not sure what you mean by a design that snaps off. But I make my cards from 1/64" thick plywood and if you want a section to be removable vector cut it out but leave a small section uncut. I use a area of .015 to .02. leave two or three areas and that should work for you.
rich