PDA

View Full Version : Lie-Nielsen Is Awesome

Carlo Petrilli
12-28-2011, 2:57 PM
I have not posted here in a long time but I had to give a shout out to Lie Nielsen. A little over a month ago I damaged my large shoulder plane , I went ahead and tried adjusting the mouth without loosening the locking screw,I ended up shearing the adjustment screw and bent the pin;). Anyway, I emailed LN and they sent a new adjustment screw and pin. After installation the adjustable mouth would not line up properly and would sit cock-eyed, after talking with them they told me to send it in to see what I did. Well about 2 weeks later a package shows at my door and lo and behold it is a new shoulder plane from LN. What great customer service, they provided a full replacement at no cost to me for something I damaged and for a plane I have owned for over 9 years! This is a testament to them as a business especially nowadays with businesses placing customers second to profits and egos. They have a loyal customer forever and to repay them for their great service I went ahead and ordered the LN #51, something I've had on my wishlist ever since it came out.

Jim Barrett
12-28-2011, 4:21 PM
Yep, great Company to do business with. They replaced a set of bench chisels I had purchased in 2004 last year when I complained about the edges not holding up...I kept my original rosewood handles and they sent a set with hornbeam handles...
The LN 51 is a beauty...

Jim Koepke
12-28-2011, 4:41 PM
I have to agree they are fantastic in the customer service/satisfaction area.

I have learned to not comment on minor details for fear of them trying to make it right. I mentioned to them that the hot dog did not fit perfectly on my #52. I chalked it up to the hot dog being designed for their #9. It took me longer to get out a file and put it back than it did to apply a few strokes to open it up to work.

They sent me a tee shirt for my trouble.

jtk

James Owen
12-28-2011, 5:31 PM
I have to agree....they are a truly amazing company, and their customer service is absolutely the best out there!!!

Jerome Hanby
12-28-2011, 5:50 PM
Pretty smart on their part. I wonder how many planes this post just sold for them?

Bill Haumann
12-28-2011, 5:59 PM
This reminds me I need to send my tab sting block plane in to get a nicked retrofitted.

Van Huskey
12-28-2011, 6:46 PM
So few companies think past the next quarter these days, nice to see LN is one of them.

Zahid Naqvi
12-28-2011, 7:40 PM
they have always been a swell bunch of guys, I've always had excellent experiences when dealing with them. One of a decreasing number of companies which still value customer service above and beyond everything.

Ralph Boumenot
12-29-2011, 6:57 AM
I have had 2 similar experiences with LN. They replaced the spin wheel on my block plane that I dropped and bent - free including the shipping. They gave me a new handle for my dovetail saw that I chipped a piece off - again free including the shipping. I don't care what I have to spend to buy their tools. With customer service like this I'll be a repeat customer till I die.

Michael Peet
12-29-2011, 8:39 AM
Agreed! They replaced the big flat screw that holds the chipbreaker and blade together after I mangled mine by repeatedly using the wrong kind of screwdriver. Great company, I'll always be a customer.

Mike

Zach England
12-29-2011, 8:50 AM
They once sent me a chipbreaker screw at no charge. I wish I had asked them BEFORE I spent a few hours sifting through my dust collector.

Rick Fisher
12-29-2011, 10:38 PM
Kudo's to Lie Nielsen.. Premium product companies need to have premium customer service or they always fail..

The old adage .. Service, Quality and price.... offer 2 and succeed.. offer 1 or 3 of them and you will fail.

Offer the best product at cheap prices and you can have crappy service.. people will put up with it..
Offer good product and service with high prices and your starbucks..
Offer cheap prices, no service and typical quality.. your Wal-Mart, Home Depot.. etc.. etc.

I am never surprised when high priced companies with great products have great service.. I am only surprised when they have lousy service and are still in business.