PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Lasers

Mike Galea
12-28-2011, 2:03 PM
Anyone out there running a Hurricane Laser engraver ? Spoke with a rep there and he is going to take my design and send me some samples of what his machines can produce. I just worry because I hear a lot about the glass vs metal tubes, and how the glass do not last nearly as long as the metal ones. But the system price is much lower than that of the other "American made" machines.

Rich Harman
12-28-2011, 2:29 PM
I think if you read through all the posts in this forum you will find many instances of metal tubes failing prematurely.

One thing that was important to me in choosing a laser was the construction of the laser tube. The Bejing RECI tubes use a glass to metal bond for sealing, not epoxy like the less expensive glass tubes. I would not buy a Chinese laser with the cheap laser tube. Unfortunately, the RECI tubes start at 80 watts, so if you need a lower wattage then there is no choice.

Rodne Gold
12-28-2011, 3:43 PM
As far as I can see from a thread in another forum , they have been in existence for 2 or 3 months and are a break away from Full Spectrum , also some speculation in the other thread re directors and financial irregularities?
They re sell machines that are imported from China - No American made there.

Dan Hintz
12-28-2011, 6:34 PM
Rodney, would you mind PMing me a link to that thread? After the way the owner of Full Spectrum treated The Creek during his first two attempts to spam his stuff here for free, I like to keep up on where he's spamming lately.

Rodne Gold
12-28-2011, 10:10 PM
They worse re spamming than FS. I even wrote a Haiku about it

Strong wind
blows
smell of
canned beef
wafts