PDA

View Full Version : Early style Unifence curser?

Larry Edgerton
12-28-2011, 6:31 AM
I need a curser for an early Unifence. I checked all the sites that pop up on google already, but if you know where there is one in stock let me know.

The bite here is that when I bought the fence years ago I looked at the curser and bought a spare and put it somewhere where I could find it. Now 15 years later, ya, I don't have a clue.........

Thanks, Larry

Bob Vallaster
12-28-2011, 8:08 AM
Larry,
I hope someone gives you a direct answer, but here's a backup.
I made my own for a homebrewed fence by cutting a piece of acrylic, dressing to size/shape on a belt sender, drilling holes in a pattern to file as lateral adjustment slots. All the preceding operations were done with both sides of the acrylic masked to minimize abrasion of the tiny window pane. When satisfied with the fit, use a scratch awl or box cutter to strike a cursor line, apply paint in the scratch and wipe off excess. Install loosely, adjust cursor to your tape, tighten.

BobV

Matt Meiser
12-28-2011, 8:54 AM
Good luck getting any Delta parts right now from what I've heard. A friend told me the local tool store he occasionally helps out at can't obtain a Unisaw arbor nut right now for anything.

keith micinski
12-28-2011, 10:09 AM
I also bought an extra one when I bought my fence but I went the other way and bought a Wiley digital readout so I hardly ever look at my "old" indicator any more. I am tempted to give it you but I know the day after I would need it.

Bruce Wrenn
12-28-2011, 9:55 PM
Good luck getting any Delta parts right now from what I've heard. A friend told me the local tool store he occasionally helps out at can't obtain a Unisaw arbor nut right now for anything.Unfortunately, One World Technologies hasn't got their distribution center up and running, as planned. I lent both a blade washer and the locking bar from a spare Unifence to local tool distributor so they could keep a customers saw running. This was back in August.

Bill ThompsonNM
12-29-2011, 9:52 AM
Larry, You might try M&M tools in Salt Lake City, they have a website but don't seem to pop up with Google searches for a cursor. I presume you already tried the Saw Center and Mike's Tools. Good luck, Bill

David Kumm
12-29-2011, 9:57 AM
Watch Ebay as well. Both styles come up once in a while. Dave

Ron Griffiths
12-29-2011, 2:43 PM
Try this site, I have gooten parts for my Unisaw from here.http://www.sawcenter.com/unisawparts.htm

Ray Newman
12-29-2011, 4:03 PM
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/search_result.php

If not shown, give them a call. Someone there just might know where one is....

Larry Edgerton
12-29-2011, 6:48 PM
I give up! I checked all the places mentioned, and I thought I had it with Mikes Tool, but got an email that it was on back order.

They said they would send it when they got one, but that does not fly with me so I'll have to cancel tomorrow. I appreciate the sites that state what is in stock so I don't waste my time.

I moved my shop last year and have been swamped, so I still have boxes of boxes. I'm sure the spare is in one, but which one?

Thanks for the help, Larry