PDA

View Full Version : Need plan help

Wendell Terrell
12-26-2011, 8:24 PM
Hello guys, I need some help from some of you sharp people. I need to build a ceiling mounted vent hood to go over an island. Does anyone know of a plan for something like this? The hood needs to have a rectanglular bottom about 15 inches by 37 inches in size and will be 6 inches high with both the front/back and sides tapering up to a square chase 12 inches square. No matter how I try to combine the angles of the front and sides, I can't get the shape to work out. The old brain just doesn't want to process these calculations! If anyone can offer any ideas, I would be very interested in hearing them. Thanks in advance.

Dale Coons
12-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Wendell,

You've got some tricky compound angles here. This drawing (not to scale) should get you close. The finished height will be 6 inches, but the sides obviously need to be wider to cover the slope. My geometry is a little rusty but I think these are good. Hope this helps! If you want the powerpoint slide pm me and I'll send it

Dale

Wendell Terrell
12-27-2011, 2:33 PM
Thanks Dale, that helps a lot. I'll PM you for the powerpoint slide. Thanks again, Wendell

Dale Coons
12-27-2011, 8:37 PM
Wendell,
Discovered a small mistake in one of the caclulations, see my pm

Wendell Terrell
01-13-2012, 4:13 PM
Hello Dale,
wanted to let you know I finally got the design worked out. Thanks again for your imput!
Wendell