PDA

View Full Version : What did everyone get for Christmas???

Kevin Gregoire
12-26-2011, 12:42 PM
just curious what everyone got for Christmas (tool wise)???

i had bought myself a new Dewalt compact router a few weeks ago but didnt opt for the plunge base
so decided i wanted one so ordered another router with the plunge base so that should be here by the
weekend i hope? so will just sell the first router thats still new in the box.

Paul McGaha
12-26-2011, 1:12 PM
Good score Kevin.

Santa brought me a Biesmeyer Overarm Blade Guard for my Unisaw which I kind of knew was coming.
And a $75 gift card to Woodcraft that was a surprise. Mrs. Claus is so good to me.

PHM

Rob Holcomb
12-26-2011, 2:04 PM
I received a Hitachi drill, impact driver and flashlight combo kit, a Rockler Taper/Straight line jig, an Incra 1000HD miter gauge, 2 New Yankee workshop videos, a Drill press extention table, two signs to display in my workshop and a little red wagon (Metal). Don't laugh! I'm planning on putting my Kerosene salamander heater in it so it can be moved around easily

Jerome Hanby
12-26-2011, 3:08 PM
Got a Delta 18" drill press and a LV medium shoulder plane.

Brett Robson
12-26-2011, 3:10 PM
Santa lugged a new bandsaw down my chimney - A Steel City 14" deluxe w/the granite lower wheel and a factory 12" resaw capacity!

Bill Bukovec
12-26-2011, 5:53 PM
I got a DIY Dust Deputy and a new shop vac.

The Dust Deputy works pretty slick. I kind of surprised how well it works. I always hated cleaning out my shop vac and filter.

Due to schedules, we are having our "official" Christmas Jan 14.

I'm hoping for more goodies then.

Bill

Kevin Gregoire
12-26-2011, 6:30 PM
[QUOTE=Bill Bukovec;1836726

Due to schedules, we are having our "official" Christmas Jan 14.

I'm hoping for more goodies then.

Bill[/QUOTE]

http://i54.tinypic.com/fac6k0.jpg

Rick L Robbins
12-26-2011, 9:42 PM
Received the DeWalt DW618PK: 2 1/4 HP router, fixed and plunge bases. Also got the edge guide. If I knew what I was doing, I'm sure I'd be set.

Rick

Mike Cruz
12-26-2011, 10:20 PM
Nope...ya'll didn't get ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know the rules...:rolleyes: C'mon, fellas...

Adam Cormier
12-27-2011, 1:10 AM
The wife got me a Bench Dog Cast Iron Router Extension for my table saw and a Kreg Miter set up with all accessories for the table saw too. My parents got me a Veritas Router Plane. Good haul!

Matt Meiser
12-27-2011, 8:09 AM
My parents got me a Lee Valley 50" straight edge. My wife and daughter got me the Unversal Cleaning Set for my Festool vac, the parallel guides for my Festool saw, and the edge guide for my dewalt router. "Santa" brought me a small Keurig machine for out in the shop--I think he wants me to spend more time out there :).

Duane Bledsoe
12-27-2011, 8:37 AM
A random orbital sander, a chisel to complete the 9 piece set I started on last Christmas (only got 8 of them then), a wood burning pen with changeable tips, a rotary tool with accessories, a workbench, and a stand up tool chest, and that's about it wood working/shop wise.

Bill Huber
12-27-2011, 8:54 AM
I didn't get a lot of woodworking things but I did get a new square, a Pinnacle 1281 and is it sweet.

Cary Falk
12-27-2011, 9:19 AM
:D:cool:217326

Matthew N. Masail
12-27-2011, 9:34 AM
My first Miter saw - a Metabo kgs216, should be arriving tomorrow morning.

Myk Rian
12-27-2011, 9:55 AM
I got the mother of all gifts. A $50 gift card to Harbor Freight.
Plus a few other things.

David Hostetler
12-27-2011, 10:07 AM
I got a Groz FP6 and JP7 to round out my plane collection. I sort of dropped a few huge hints that I wanted those planes, and Woodcraft had them on clearance... I haven't started tuning them yet, but checking everything out with a good known straight edge, everything looks really good, soles and frogs look good and flat, no twisting, dipping, bumping or anything like that. sides / soles are square, adjusters operate nice and smooth... My only complaint is the #6 appears to be slightly stained from the cosmoline, but that should come out of the iron I would think... I set the blade height and took a few passes with each. Blades need to be sharpened, but aside from that, there is no blade chatter, and the shavings come off the blade like rice paper... I even the blades are what some would consider sharp enough... I just want to hone them a little cleaner is all... Now that I have the block plane, the #4, #5, #6, and #7, it is time to start designing a plane till for these things. I am starting to look into scrapers, and will probably make sure I provide some capacity to hold all my planes, a variety of scrapers, and a few other items as well. I am thinking a modular sort of design for this... My birthday is coming up soon as well, and LOML has hinted there may be other related items coming, so I may have to wait to see what those are to see if they will be appropriately stored in a plane till, or if they need their own place...

Bob Willcox
12-27-2011, 10:50 AM
I got myself a Tormek T7. :D Unfortunately, I've been sick for a week now and haven't had a chance to try it out yet. :(

Greg Labacz
12-27-2011, 11:04 AM
Santa brought me the Dewalt compact router combo kit with both bases and dust collection attachment for both.

Jefferey Scott
12-27-2011, 1:37 PM
Got a Festool ETS 150/5. Now if I only had something to sand...

scott vroom
12-27-2011, 2:04 PM
An emergency root canal :o

Carl Beckett
12-27-2011, 3:42 PM
Santa brought me a LV Router plane

And a LV shoulder plane

Then my MIL, who's grandfather was a craftsman, gave me his old rip and crosscut handsaws. And an old eggbeater drill.

Not too bad at all......

Neil Brooks
12-27-2011, 5:22 PM
For Christmas ... I got ... fat.

Suddenly, though, I like MY present better, after reading what Scott Vroom got :(

Mike Cruz
12-27-2011, 6:00 PM
So, far, Bill and Cary are the only ones that actually got something for Christmas, in my book (AND the rules of the forum...)

Add Ralph to the list. ;)

Ralph Butts
12-27-2011, 6:40 PM
Santa broke my chimney getting this thing under the tree. PM2700 with a Griz 1095 power feeder. I was on his nice list this year!

Brett Robson
12-27-2011, 7:50 PM
Ya, ya, no picture it never happened, I know. :)

Rod Sheridan
12-27-2011, 8:31 PM
I received a thank you card in my name for a donation of Christmas dinner for 75 homeless people.

Exactly what I asked for..........................Regards, Rod.

Larry Frank
12-27-2011, 8:50 PM
I got Christmas with my kids, wives and grandchildren. I could not ask for anything better.

I did get some things for my shop but they do not count for much in comparison.

Chris Kennedy
12-27-2011, 9:13 PM

So, far, Bill and Cary are the only ones that actually got something for Christmas, in my book (AND the rules of the forum...)

This has to really suck for Scott. Now he has to go get another root canal with pictures because the first one didn't happen. That being said, I can live without pictures of that Christmas gift.

Mike Cruz
12-27-2011, 9:17 PM
He can just take a pic of the bill...that'll suffice. ;)

Mike Cruz
12-27-2011, 9:18 PM
Great looking band saw, Brett! Glad to see YOU actually got something...unlike all those tale-tellers... :D

Bill Huber
12-27-2011, 9:24 PM

Did it have flesh sensing technology??????

Paul McGaha
12-27-2011, 9:47 PM
I received a thank you card in my name for a donation of Christmas dinner for 75 homeless people.

Exactly what I asked for..........................Regards, Rod.

Really good of you to do that Rod. Very thoughtful and generous.

PHM

Jerome Hanby
12-27-2011, 9:48 PM
Well, I didn't get the digital camera with wi-fi that I wanted, so I have to keep borrowing my wife's camera to take shop pictures <g>

Darrin Davis
12-27-2011, 10:06 PM
A lead insertion tool!

anthony wall
12-28-2011, 7:10 AM
well i got the mother in law visiting for christmas same as last year ,the wife said she only came for a couple of weeks but eventually departed in mid april so expecting much the same this year .now i know that you say no picture didn't happen but i really can't inflict that on you and spoil your new year to boot

Kevin Gregoire
12-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Darrin, would you like another nice setup so you can have one for each hand? except mine is an airsoft bb gun.

David Hostetler
12-28-2011, 1:59 PM
Okay I keep trying to link to my pic. How do I do that from a mobile device (Android)?

Lloyd James
12-28-2011, 5:47 PM
I bought myself a Bosch Trim router with all the attachments. I am not sure if I will used the attachments, but
I will save some money if I buy 2 attachments.
I got as a present from my daughter and wife, a Roots leather Satchel. (sort of a man purse).
I design and make toys, and I paint on canvas too, so now I can bring a toy and 5" x 7" pictures of my products,
when I go to cafes and to gallery night art gallerys.

David Hostetler
12-28-2011, 6:03 PM
Okay there it is... The #4 and #5 on the left I have had for a couple of years, and really like them. The #5 took some sweat to flatten the sole, but once done, its been great. The #6 and #7 are the newbies, and they are dead flat out of the box... I am loving it...

Oh the box they are sitting on is the dust hood I am building for the SCMS. I need to hit it with some paint, and swap the 2.5" hose for some more flexible stuff I have in the attic... But my initial test run has been really good with it. Just a basic box with a ramp and a couple of holes going to a 4x4x2.5 wye...

Bryan Cramer
12-28-2011, 10:51 PM
I got a Grizzly spindle sander/disc sander combination machine. I am working on a borrowed computer because mine broke, so I can't post pictures.

Andrew Teich
12-30-2011, 11:42 PM
I got to spend time with both sides of the family. We did have to drive 4 hours on Christmas morning in order to make the switch to the other side. Spent time with 96 and 88 year old Grandparents as well as plenty of Aunts, Uncles and Cousins.

I did get a couple Woodworking items this year. The first and only actual Christmas present was a set of 4 old books. The Audels Carpenters and Builders Guide 1-4. My Mother thought they had come from my Grandfathers farm but Grandma thought that they were not his books. The list contained inside was not in his handwriting and looks to be a materials list for a house. The books may have been something my Grandfather picked up in retirement at an auction. They also contained a guide to Stanley Rafter and Framing Squares.

The day after Christmas I asked my Father if the hammer that my Grandfather had punched my initials into and given me (he passed away when I was in 5th grade) was still in the garage. We headed out there to dig through the mess. We also found a tool box my uncle had made for me when I was younger and not interested in anything other than computers and video games and a hand drill marked Defiance Made in USA. My father said I was welcome to take the drill and any of the 3 braces that I spotted on the wall. I left the braces as they all look the same to me. I have yet to give up my cordless drill and I have a brace here that I need to spend some time with making sure it works.

I'm glad that everyone (except Scott with the alleged root canal) had a Merry Woodworking Christmas.

Jim Rimmer
01-01-2012, 10:15 PM
:D:cool:217326

Wish I knew what that thing is. I might need one, :D

Jim Rimmer
01-01-2012, 10:22 PM
I got the Triton 3.25 HP router to mount in my router table. I also had my daughter, SIL and grandkids here for several days and that was the best gift. I am nearing the end of my end tables project so the router is still in the box.
http://www.woodcraft.com/Images/products/150289.jpg?rand=812778298

Kevin W Johnson
01-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Darrin, would you like another nice setup so you can have one for each hand? except mine is an airsoft bb gun.

I have a few of those as well. Quite a collection actually. I think my favorite is the Thompson, and true to form, when you pull the trigger it absolutely vomits bb's.

Kevin Gregoire
01-02-2012, 1:58 AM
when you pull the trigger it absolutely vomits bb's.

thats an understatement for sure! if you know anyone looking for a good gun im looking to sell my M4
its completely tricked out with metal body, internals, etc...

Kevin W Johnson
01-02-2012, 2:10 AM
thats an understatement for sure! if you know anyone looking for a good gun im looking to sell my M4
its completely tricked out with metal body, internals, etc...

I've upgraded gears, springs, pistons, and more in nearly all of mine as well. My other favorite addition is an 11.1v lipo battery.

Kevin W Johnson
01-02-2012, 3:35 AM
A lead insertion tool!

Everyone should have at least a couple!

Mike Heidrick
01-02-2012, 5:18 AM
2.2kw spindle setup for my cnc. Came with some assembly required ;)

Here are a couple videos - overview of it and the first job I cut with it - a jewelry box for my Daughter Megan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x24rP5n0RNw&amp;context=C340904aADOEgsToPDskJy rKGz0U6DkVmZYfeJFGwK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs2l51y3o2w&amp;context=C358ab39ADOEgsToPDskJg HgDrwjbKPLBzCtXydqKt

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e169/BloomingtonMike/jbdf3.jpg