PDA

View Full Version : Phone call - headed for the shop - updated 3 turnings [pics]

Roger Chandler
12-26-2011, 10:56 AM
Got a phone call from a lady who got a pen I made a couple of months ago.............she ended up giving it to one of her sons for Christmas............the other son saw it and now he wants one........ The daughter in law wants some Christmas ornaments..........now I have to go make these today..........its cold out in the shop, but I turned on that little overhead heater JK told me to get, and hopefully I can stand it long enough to get these few items done! Wish me luck!

Okay, among all the other things I had to do today, I got these three turnings done for this lady and her family........I still have a few more to make.

It has been awhile since I have done a birdhouse ornament..........I think I got the perch just a little too close to the hole ......I thought the birds were smaller............I should have looked before I drilled the hole for the perch [I will make an adjustment on the next ones] Both ornaments are from ambrosia maple with walnut accents.........the pen is from the Stonewall Jackson Prayer tree...........white oak.....maybe you can pick up on the little card we put with each item made from this tree. Comments are welcome!

[I just noticed the first ornament picture........I think I got it elongated when I resized it....it is round, not oblong..........just thought I would mention that........I am not very good at the picture thing, sorry!]

Steve Schlumpf
12-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Stay warm, have fun and I look forward to seeing the photos!!

Ken Hill
12-26-2011, 11:04 AM
Heat is for sissys:p Ive been in teh shop since 6 am, no heat, no complaints.....its good for ya:p

Bernie Weishapl
12-26-2011, 11:05 AM
Roger should be no problem. Once you get started you will forget the cold. Have fun.

Primvs Aebvtivs
12-26-2011, 11:17 AM
I'm going in the shop when the kids have gone to bed - about 8.p.m. local time - WILL HAVE HEAT ON!

Roger Chandler
12-26-2011, 8:01 PM
added some pics to the opening post on this thread.............

Rich Aldrich
12-26-2011, 8:42 PM
Nice work Roger.

John Keeton
12-26-2011, 9:34 PM
Roger, now that you are a commissioned artist, you must turn when your audience demands production - cold or no cold!!!:D Nice work, and neat card with the Stonewall Jackson pen.

Dan Forman
12-27-2011, 4:10 AM
Glad to see you were able to complete your commissions in spite of the cold. They turned out well.

Dan