PDA

View Full Version : Ridgid 2610 6" ROS

John Edwards
03-10-2005, 9:30 PM
Hello all,
Won a Ridgid (model 2610) 6 “ ROS sander on ebay the other day. Which is actually a German Metabo brand.
Sander is in great condition and looks like it was use very little if at all. But it came with no manual.
This sander has a switch that converts it to a ¼ or a 1/8” orbits. There is a button on the side of the sander to change the setting. It is not clear to me on how to adjust the orbit size.
Does someone have a manual, web site download or could perhaps help me to understand how this works?
Thanks in advance.
jsawduste

Dan Rolland
03-10-2005, 10:01 PM
I have that sander - works great. Manuals are available at www.ridgid.com (http://www.ridgid.com/) for download. Oddly, when I checked the site, it erroneously has the 2600 (5in palm sander) manual under the download link for the 2610.

So, here is the procedure out of my manual. It's certainly not intuitive, but fairly simple.

1) Press and hold the locking button (on the base near the back).

2) Turn backing pad counterclockwise until the button locks into position (you'll feel it click).

3) While continuing to hold the button, turn the backing pad an additional 180 degrees until you can feel the backing pad lock into position (you'll feel a lighter click).

4) Release the locking button.

5) To determine the orbit setting, look down on the sander from above the motor housing and rotate the pad by hand counterclockwise. The top of the backing pad is red - if you can see it, the orbit is 1/4in; if you can't see it, the orbit is 1/8in

This may seem strange, but after trying it a few times, you'll see how it switches back and forth.

Dan

John Edwards
03-10-2005, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the help.
I see the red band on top the backing plate. Took me a couple minutes to find it. Was expecting to see something on the bottom of the pad.
Thanks again.