PDA

View Full Version : "X-Y Disabled" after x-belt replacement on Epilog Mini 18

John Noell
12-24-2011, 6:15 PM
I changed the x-belt on my Epilog Mini and everything seemed to go perfectly, all according to the simple instructions. However, when I start the laser up, the carriage goes too far back in the y-axis direction and that causes the laser to disable x-y movement with an error message. I do not see how anything I did could affect the y-axis (but obviously it did). Epilog is pretty much on holiday until the 3rd of January. Anyone have suggestions?? :(

Bruce Clumpner
12-24-2011, 8:21 PM
Just had the same problem after replacing my x-axis motor... Check if the i-beam is going all the way to home, if there is any gap on the silver bars, then something is blocking the x-axis's return to home and the y-axis errors out. Make sure there is enough slack in the belt to allow the tensioning bracket to clear the back of the cabinet. I had to move my belt's position in the clamps so that only 2 teeth were in the clamp instead of 3, that gave it enough slack for the adjustment arm to clear. Hope this help.

John Noell
12-24-2011, 9:02 PM
Bruce, I owe you a pitcher of beer!! That was it! (I think that warrants a note in the instructions.) You have given me an excellent Christmas present. :) I love this forum and the wonderful helpful people here!

Stephen Hooper
12-27-2011, 8:46 AM
Well, that's a 'gotcha' worth noting! :)