PDA

View Full Version : Which semi-custom cabinets for a modular house?

Scott Wigginton
12-24-2011, 9:49 AM
I'm specing out a new Haven Homes (http://www.classichomesbyhaven.com) (and attach a 26ft x 42ft garage/shop) and am looking at what I can do with the kitchen cabinetry.

Since it's a modular it is substantially more cost prohibitive to get a local cabinetry shop to build the cabinets than to get semi-customs from the factory (since they would finish the entire kitchen to include flooring, plumbing, electrical). I'll be traveling 2-3 weeks each month next year (one big reason to go modular) so I can't do any of the "move in ready" required woodworking (thought I plan on building non-critical furniture/built-ins once the new shop is setup)

One of the best benefits of Haven is that they will work with any company for any products. Their standard line is Merillat Classic cabinets, though other companies use Marsh, Kraft-Maid, etc.

I'm looking to get the best construction (solid ply box) and quality and I was wondering if any of y'all have done the research between the brands and the lines (ie. Merillat Classic vs Masterpiece)

Thanks and have a Merry Christmas!

-Scott