PDA

View Full Version : G0733 Grizzly lathe - a new model?

Roger Chandler
12-23-2011, 1:59 PM
G0733 Grizzly lathe Based on reports from a couple of turners, and a couple of conversations with Grizzly tech support and such, it looks like they have replaced the G0698 with the G0733 in the new 2012 Catalog which will hit most likely on Jan. 1st

It appears from my conversation with tech support today, that the appearance of the G0733 is pretty much like the G0698 but is white in color. The tech guy said he only has one picture of it, and no further info at this time. It is reportedly an 18x47 lathe. I know Hare & Forbes out of Australia has a white model, and so does Laguna. I guess the color scheme will match Grizzly's Polar Bear line.

I wonder if they have upgraded the machine to have a hand wheel or any other features that would be considered an improvement? Just thinking out loud here and pondering the "what if's."

For example........should the lathes be the same unit with a hand wheel addition, then could an upgrade be done to the G0698 with parts such as the longer spindle and the hand wheel?

There will be a price increase from what I understand.......I don't know how much yet, but if the features increase, then maybe it will be worth it. I wonder about an improved banjo..........the one on the G0698 is identical to the Jet 1642evs. It would be nice to have one similar to the 3520b.

It could be that they just changed the model number and the color and it will be the same unit............

We will take a look, and figure things out as the new unit is unveiled........until then, we can speculate! http://www.aawforum.org/vbforum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif