PDA

View Full Version : A Segmented Pen **PICS**

Ken Salisbury
03-10-2005, 5:36 PM
Foollin around in the shop this afternoon I made this ugly pen. Also made some wooden center bands of cherry, bloodwood and rosewood. I put a bloodwood CB on this pen as seen in second photo.

Ernie Nyvall
03-10-2005, 8:04 PM
I should make something so ugly. I'm two months into turning and am no expert, but that's a beautiful pen.

Thanks for sharing, Ernie

Darren Ford
03-10-2005, 9:12 PM
Thats an interesting optical illusion Ken, when I first glanced at the picture I thought it was square chunks glued together. I thought, is this the picture before he turned it?

I'm still halfway planning a trip to the craft show in Huntvegas next weekend.

Jeff Sudmeier
03-10-2005, 9:13 PM
Ken,

I do have to agree, that it is not the most spectacular looking pen I have ever seen. However, knowing that work that it must have taken you to produce, it is a masterpeice!

Ken Salisbury
03-11-2005, 9:32 AM
Thats an interesting optical illusion Ken, when I first glanced at the picture I thought it was square chunks glued together. I thought, is this the picture before he turned it?

I'm still halfway planning a trip to the craft show in Huntvegas next weekend.

It is square chunks :D
Two of these:

Dawn Sunkle
03-11-2005, 10:10 AM
I'm a pen person (just ask hubby LOL)
I think its fantastic. Very unique and creative. Which is what I look for when buying pens.

Dawn

Jerry Clark
03-11-2005, 6:47 PM
Nice use of scrap wood- different! I kinda like it.

Charlie Stein
03-15-2005, 11:38 PM
Hi Ken,
Nice job and defently different,hope you do not mind if I take the idea. Got a bunch of cutoffs from pen blanks, now I know what to do with them. Thanks
Just Charlie

Mark Singer
03-16-2005, 12:43 AM
This pen is original , beautifully crafted, and interesting. It has the feeling that someone took a great deal of time and care to handcraft it....that is a terrific quality!