PDA

View Full Version : tuff tooth Bandsaw Blades

Bill Sanson
12-23-2011, 10:58 AM
Hey all happy holidays,

Iwas wondering if anyone has tried tufftooth bandsaw blades? I have been away with the navy for a while and need to pick up some blades for general purpose work, resawing and possibly finer work. I would like to order them from the same spot if possible as shipping to and in Canada can be expensive. Any thoughts?
http://www.tufftooth.com/

Bill

dan grant
12-23-2011, 8:37 PM
thats what i use, very good blades, tried these and some local ones, no comparison, i just have to remember to change them out before they start smoking:)

James Carmichael
12-24-2011, 12:05 AM
You didn't mention what wheel size and type you're looking for (carbon, bimetal, carbide.)

I like Starrett Woodpecker blades on my 14" iron-frame.

In Canada, you can get smooth-welded Starrett stock them from BC Saw. That's who I used to get mine from until shipping became prohibitive.

Derek Stockley
12-25-2011, 7:56 AM
I use them and like them. Order a few at a time and you'll save on shipping. I'm fortunate enough to be able to drive there and visit, and the owner's got quite a lot of band saw experience. If you give them a call, tell him what sorts of things you're planning for the blades, he'll help you pick out a few.

Clint Olver
12-26-2011, 9:40 AM
Tried them a couple years ago, now that's all I buy. For the price, they are awesome blades.

C

Georg Zudoff
12-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Hello, I've bought them for my Makita LB1200F. Despite here in Ukraine exists blades which costs three times less than Ian blades, and I pay for delivery - these Tuff blades are excellent!

Bill Sanson
01-12-2012, 6:29 PM
Hey all thanks for the advice. I bought these blades on a weds and they were in my hands friday afternoon. Threw one on and they are smokiin! The advice at the shop was great as well as the price. Not sure what the cost normally would be for shipping but they have a special here north of the border for only 5 bucks. cant lose!