PDA

View Full Version : Pool table's here!!!!!!!

Fred Voorhees
03-10-2005, 3:52 PM
The pool table installers were here today and man, what a nice looking table! It was interesting to watch them put it together which took approximately two hours to complete.

I settled on an A.E. Schmidt table. The company is out of St. Louis, Missouri and build tables to order. A.E. Schimdt is the second oldest pool table manufacturing company in the USA, with only Brunswick being older.

You can follow the erecting process through a picture essay at my personal blog at http://leatheruppers.blogspot.com/

Joe Mioux
03-10-2005, 4:10 PM
Fred:
Congratulations on the new table. It looks right at home in your new room.

AE Schmidt is a really big name in pool tables around the St Louis area. You will be very happy with that table.

Joe

Karl Laustrup
03-10-2005, 5:08 PM
WOW! Fred, that whole room is a dream for a lot of us. You have done excellent work. :cool: :)

I wish I was a little closer to see it in person.

A perfect day would be a Sunday.

Listen to some C&W music:D and then watch NNC racin':D while enjoying a brew:D or two and a game of pool. :D

From your blog I'd guess that would be a pretty good day for you too!!!:D

Jeff Sudmeier
03-10-2005, 5:11 PM
Fred,

Wow that is looking great! The pool table really fits that space.

Bruce Page
03-10-2005, 5:34 PM
Nice table Fred. Be sure to get a heavy vinyl cover, it will keep that felt looking new for years.

Jim Dunn
03-10-2005, 9:03 PM
Charlie "Spitball" Darling had these in a poolroom he owned in Washington Missouri. Used to watch him, when we were kids, play the adults for money. He was great then too.

John Miliunas
03-10-2005, 10:23 PM
Very, very neat, Fred! You're living out one of my own dreams there, buddy! Good for you and I don't think I have to tell you to enjoy it!:) :cool:

Jim Becker
03-10-2005, 10:34 PM
Geepers, Fred. It even matches the room! Go figure...:D

Seriously, that's a beautiful table. 'Can't wait to see it up close and personal, even though I'm a horrible billiards player. But that's what they make beer for... ;)

John Miliunas
03-10-2005, 10:47 PM
even though I'm a horrible billiards player. But that's what they make beer for... ;)
You're absolutely right, Jim. I've seen some so-so players start shooting some awesome stick after a few brews!:D :cool:

Jim Dunn
03-10-2005, 11:11 PM
Billiards?? we in England or somthin?:)