PDA

View Full Version : Paramount Infared Patio Heater-junk!

Daniel Shnitka
12-23-2011, 1:35 AM
This has to be the most disapointing shop item I have purchased. The infared bulb last 40-50 hours. If the bulb does not burn out the wiring shorts or burns out near the bulb contact. Replacement bulbs are $80.00 in Canadaian dollars.
I also use a Lee Valley heater ceiling mount that has been running non stop for nearly three months with out fail at a purchase price of $59.95 in Canadian dollars. It is less money and a superior product compared to the Paramount heater.
The importer, J & R Home Products of Coquitlam, BC, Canada have poor to non existent customer service.http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/icons/icon8.png

Jack Gaskins
12-23-2011, 1:49 PM
Dont know it Quartz and infrared are the same but I bought my Quarts lamp heater from Lowes for only $50 and it has been through two winters with no problems. It is over 2 feet tall with two quartz bulbs has two fan settings and variable heat knob. I keep it on full hot and full fan. I keep it to my left and a little behind me while I am at the Lathe turning and it keeps the turning area comfortable.